recommendations

• Submitted: Wed, July 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:Middletown Rhode Island
Tiger Direct
7795 West Flagler St., Suite 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

TigerDirect.com Tiger Direct Deceptive Shipping Practices Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Vendor Shipped Items

I ordered an in-stock item from TigerDirect on-line. The item indicated that it normally shipped within 24 hours. Since I needed the item quickly to replace a failed unit, I paid more than an additional $90 for next day delivery, expecting that I would receive the item on the day following my placing of the order. I had ordered the item around noontime EDT.

A few hours after placing the order, I received and email confirmation indicating that the item would be shipped within 7 to 10 days. When I called to complain, I was told that (1) the 7 to 10 day notification was a standard message that did not apply to my order and (2) that the item would probably ship on the day after I placed the order.

When I complained that I had paid for next day delivery, I was reminded that the item description mentioned that the item normally shipped within 24 hours. I questioned this, in light of my extra payment for next day delivery and got a response something like , "thats the way it is".

I asked to speak with a supervisor. After a long period on hold, I finally had to disconnect so that I could do otherm, meaningful work.

Ralph
Middletown, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 03:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/Miami-Florida-33144/TigerDirectcom-Tiger-Direct-Deceptive-Shipping-Practices-Miami-Florida-467273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Vendor Shipped Items

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

We apologize you were unsatisfied with your purchase, items shipped from our Illinois warehouse are guaranteed to leave the warehouse the same day they are ordered (before 9PM EST) however items shipped directly from the vendor of the product are usually shipped within 24 hours after the order has been processed. This is why this disclaimer was posted on our website. After which the item is shipped via the shipping method you selected (Ground, 2nd Day Air, or Next Day Air).

Unfortunately you did not include an order number or email address so I may look into this matter further, please email me at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com if you require additional information or assistance. Be sure to include your order number and email address.

Thank You.