Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Reported By: nyteshade — Fresno California United States of America
Tiger Direct

Tiger Direct - EVGA - REBATE RIPOFF Internet

*Author of original report: Rebates Paid by Tiger Direct

*UPDATE Employee: Not enough details....

Mid 2009, Tiger Direct sold me an EVGA 9400GT graphics card with a $15 rebate. While I was waiting for that rebate to go through I purchased two more cards from them. One of them, a GeForce 240GT had a $10 rebate listed on the TD website. After waiting for about a month on the second rebate, I wonder, "What happened to the first rebate." I contact EVGA and they tell me that both rebates, in fact, have been denied! This was because Tiger Direct used a rebate link that was supposed to only be used for Dell and the company EVGA itself. I called TD to tell them this, that this is not right. They tell me they have no record of ever having had rebates on those two cards I bought from them. Too Much - Lying, plain and simple. They owe me two rebates for using unauthorized rebate forms, not to mention that this is a clear case of false advertising. Here I was, each time meticulously cutting the proof-of-purchases from the boxes, filling out their rebate forms, copying screenshots from the computer to the rebate mailing. What a royal waste of my time.

robert!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2010 05:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/internet/Tiger-Direct-EVGA-REBATE-RIPOFF-Internet-556079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Rebates Paid by Tiger Direct

AUTHOR: nyteshade - (USA)

Just after I wrote my story here about being ripped off by Tiger Direct with the rebates, Tiger Direct contacted me via email and asked me for all of the information on this matter. "Ernie," from their service department in Florida,  immediately gave me credit for those rebates with five dollars ta' boot. I was happy with this and accepted the deal. Even though I had to spend the money on TD, well, that didn't bother me. I was an avid customer of theirs before the rebate debacle took place, and I have begun to buy from them again. Enough said...

r!

Not enough details....

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for the inconvenience we caused and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Id like to research this matter further to determine exactly where our service failed but unfortunately we do not have enough information in your post to gather your account information. Please contact me at mailto:ernie@help.tigerdirect.com your order details so we can properly address this issue.

I look forward to talking with you and I promise to work hard to find an accommodation that makes you feel comfortable giving us another chance.

Best Regards.