Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

Tiger Direct

Tiger Direct Looks like I have a lot of friends. TD scammed me too. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Customer

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Customer

I bought a Gateway laptop, a Chromebook, and a wireless modem from TigerDirect. Products were fine, shipping was fine, prices were fine, everything was fine. Till I got to the rebate. The PC had a $50 rebate. About a week after I got it all set up, I looked at sending for the rebate. Fisrt thing I though was " you got to be joking". I could tell right away, the whole thing was a set up. There were so many hoops to jump through it could not be anything else. I don't even have a printer.

Decided to try to apply anyway. Was doing vairly well, got as far as "Congradulations your almost finnished". We have confirm your email application. Even got a tracking number. After that you have to have a printer.

Went to the library, tried to print everything, I would need. First time did not get everything right. Ran out of time. Went home to figure it out. Went back to the library. Could not get the filled out forms to print. They printed, but the parts I filled out were blank, no information. Tried again no luck went home.

Setting at home tried one more time to figure it out. That is when I found the line in the directions which says  "Please locate the (Proof of Purchase) bar code label on your product box or shipping box." Ya I Know! Seems you got to send that in too. Went out to the garrage the box was gone. Picked up a day or two before. That was enough for me. I know when I'm beat. It ain't worth $50.

One would think this all could be done online . For Gods sake, they know I bought it from them. And as for saying it's the rebate company or the manufacture of the product who is responsible. Bull, you sold it it's under our name, no wessel words, back it up.

YES, I did try to contact TigerDirect about all this. USELESS.

Though $50 doesn't mean that much to me, being jacked with does. Going to file at the BBB. And call the states Attorney General too.

No sale of a Desk Top nor an All In One for you TigerDirect. Forget about Chromebooks too.

My mistake was not doing a better job of checking out TigerDirect. Michael Thoma.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/internet/Tiger-Direct-Looks-like-I-have-a-lot-of-friends-TD-scammed-me-too-Internet-1044472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Dear Customer

AUTHOR: Tigerdirect Customer Care - ()

We attempted to contact you today but you were not available.  We would be delighted to assist you with this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Respectfully,

Roger Insua
Customer Service Manager
305-415-2929

Dear Customer

AUTHOR: Tigerdirect Customer Care - ()

Respectfully,