Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Updated: Sat, October 27, 2007

• Reported By:Midland Texas
Tiger Direct
www.tigerdirect.com Internet U.S.A.

Tiger Direct - OnRebate Niko Didn't get $40 rebate. Basically false advertising, stole my money. Internet

*Author of original report: OK, got the check!

*Author of original report: Tiger Direct Rebate Runaround

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

Now I've been impressed with the tiger direct deals. I've bought three monitors. All different brands, none very high spec, but all a great deal for the price. I followed the rebate process, and got paid for two of them. A lot of posts bash Tiger Direct (and I will, too, but let me explain.) Tiger direct advertises the deal offered to them by the manufacturer. OnRebate.com acts as an intermediary to get the rebate. If the manufacturer doesn't pay (in my case, niko) then you don't get paid. It certainly isn't OnRebate.com's fault, nor is it exactly Tiger Directs.

In my case, there were no problems with my submission, no errors, and my application was accepted. Niko simply won't pay. I guess they figure who's going to sue them for $40. I figure there will be big class actions soon about this whole rebate scam eventually.

For now, I'm holding Tiger Direct responsible, since they advertised the rebate and I bought the monitor on the basis of the after rebate price. Now I throw away my Tiger direct catalogs. My advise: Don't buy anything if the before rebate price is unattractive. Rebates are like the lottery. Nice if you win, but not a sure thing by any stretch.

Victim
Midland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2007 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/internet/Tiger-Direct-OnRebate-Niko-Didnt-get-40-rebate-Basically-false-advertising-stole-my-278365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

OK, got the check!

AUTHOR: Victim - (U.S.A.)

Looks like it was only a month late instead of not sent. As I promised, I'm reporting that I got the chck. I see where one of the folks checks bounced, but unless mine does, you can assume all is well with my transactions with Tiger Direct. 3 rebates out of 3, only one of them was late and required persistent nagging from me to get the check. If it bounces, I'll be back. (And I'll pursue charges for the hot check!) Can't imagine that it would, though.

Tiger Direct Rebate Runaround

AUTHOR: Victim - (U.S.A.)

I have already sent this information to Alex after seeing this (apparently automated) response to another tiger direct ripoff report. I have also gone back and forth with on rebate.com. Should I ever get my check, I'll be sure to update this report, along with hopefully helpful tips on how to get your rebate. Until I get my money, though, I'm done.

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to resolving it for you as promptly as possible.

Sincerely,