• Report: #1019192

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: Genie — Lusby Maryland USA
Tiger Direct

Tiger Direct Tiger Direct Selling Practices are Fraudulent and Deceptive Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Customer

I made a rather large purchase for my business with this company on Black Friday 2012. I was offered an attractive zero percent revolving credit for 24 months to make this purchase. Since it was a business purchase I decided to take it, knowing Id pay it off before any interest would accrue. I also was told I would receive two rebates of $50.00 each for 2 of the items I purchased which were included with the other products. While I did received an immediate discount of $50.00 the day of  my purchase I had to file a rebate to receive the remaining $100.00 rebates. At the time I asked if I could use these two AMEX rebate cards to make a future payment and was told yes. Which made the purchase and decision to take the zero percent offer even more attractive.  Today I tried to use these two cards to make another payment and I was told that they only take either bank checking or savings account payments.

So much for dealing with a sales staff, that obviously works on commission. Promise them anything even if you cant deliver.  Tiger Direct told me since they were rebates from another company they couldn't do this, not to mention they weren't even set up for it.  WTH! Shouldn't sales staff know this? I would think so, especially since the cards don't come from Tiger Direct according to them. Yet they have Tiger Direct on the Card and not the company which offered the rebate.  These are pre- paid debit cards not credit cards, which is no different then using my own debit card to make a payment from my bank. So this needs to be clarified to the consumer more throughly either upon purchase or when you go to use the card to make a payment, since anyone else would gladly take use these cards as a form of payment. Makes no sense to me whatsoever!

Buyer beware, even if you get all your concerns addressed upfront before you make a purchase with Tiger Direct, especially a large purchase, there is no guarantee that the sales staff is providing accurate information. Tiger Direct sales staff will promise you anything to make a sale and then its up to you the consumer to either hold the company accountable to it, or in some causes its just faulty and useless to begin with. Unfortunately for the consumer you wont know which is which until after you pay them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/internet/Tiger-Direct-Tiger-Direct-Selling-Practices-are-Fraudulent-and-Deceptive-Internet-1019192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

Dear Customer

AUTHOR: Tiger direct pat - (U.S.A.)

We sincerely do apologize for the inconvenience in the
matter. We are committed to taking care of our customers and making the Tiger
Direct experiences a satisfactory one. So that we may provide you with
assistance pertaining to your issue with the rebate cards contact us at customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com
with your order details. Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience in
the matter and hope this incident will not change your opinion of our company.