Complaint Review: Tiger Direct

• Submitted: Fri, February 04, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, February 08, 2011

• Reported By: Lucyfur — Grand Rapids Michigan United States of America
Tiger Direct

Tiger Direct tigerdirect.com TV was in stock when ordered, then suddenly backordered; 2 weeks later still backordered, but re-appears as "in stock" under a different item number, and higher price. miami, Florida Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We're sorry

I received an e-mail with their "hot deals of the day". Found a TV I wanted, and it had a $200 off coupon. Seemed like a lot for a $700 TV, but I placed the order. The website said it would "ship within 24 hours" but the next day I got an e-mail saying it was on "backorder". Several days later I checked the status online and it was still backordered, but the item was no longer listed as available.

After 2 weeks I decided to call to see if I could get an update. The woman said she had no update, but after checking with someone told me this was an "end of run" item and it would probably not be back in stock, and my order would be canceled. She suggested I look at the website to see if there was a comparable item, and if I found one to call back, and they'd see if they could give me a better deal for my trouble. I was surprised to find the EXACT SAME TV, but now listed with a different item number. I called back and talked to a different person.

At first he seemed very willing to help, saying they should be able to send out my TV. After a lengthy delay he came back on and gave me some BS story about they had to pay a higher price for this TV, and it was dropped shipped, and they wouldn't be able to send one to me for the price I paid. He said my order wouldn't be canceled but I'd have to wait until they got some more in at a lower cost to them. I argued that it was the same TV, and it wasn't my fault they had to pay a higher price, and it was now back in stock and one should be shipped to me. He repeated the same BS story, at which point I became angry, said this was a fraudulent practice, and that they should cancel my order. He said "OK it will be canceled" and hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2011 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct/internet/Tiger-Direct-tigerdirectcom-TV-was-in-stock-when-ordered-then-suddenly-backordered-2-we-690827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct

We're sorry

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately we do not have enough information in your post to be able to pull up your account, please email me directly at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com so we may resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,