Complaint Review: Tiger Direct/3dragonrebates/Onrebate.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 28, 2008

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
Tiger Direct/3dragonrebates/Onrebate.com
7736 West Flagler Street Suite 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tiger Direct/ 3dragonrebates/ Onrebate.com to my knowledge, no body ever gets paid from tiger direct rebates Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Rebate follow up...

*Consumer Comment: Craig

*Consumer Comment: 9 Weeks Later, I Got Mine

Be aware that my personal experience and hundreds of like transactions indicates that no body gets any rebates done from either tigerdirect or NEWegg going bthru 3dragon nor Onrebate. Tiger has this huge, interactive, extensive system for processing your rebate, but i think its just an elaborate cover your ass system. First you jump thru every hoop to fille this formal rebate. Then the companies just keep telling you 4 things, 1) what are you talking about we have no record ( your send dupe copies ) it will take 8 more weeks to reprocess...2) we already mailed it out to you .....I never recieved it, check with the bank never cashed....OK bank confirms it was never cashed, it will take 8 more weeks to reproccess 3) are you sure the post mark was on time, send us a third copy showing vaild post mark rec iept date or else no refund 4) the company has gone out of business, no refund/rebate please go away after a year of correspondance....the people at tiger laughed at me and said I was naive to think i would EVER get ANY rebate at ANY time they would EVER offer.....their stuff is just cheap crap, there are good wholesalers out thier, tiger and newegg are rip offs.....

Utahdave
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2008 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Direct3dragonrebatesOnrebatecom/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Direct-3dragonrebates-Onrebatecom-to-my-knowledge-no-body-ever-gets-paid-from-ti-333067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct/3dragonrebates/Onrebate.com

Rebate follow up...

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct Pat - (U.S.A.)

The rebates are not a scam, but we sincerely apologize for the situation. Please email me at Patrice.Altine@tigerdirect.com with your order number, the amount of the rebate, and a brief summary of what has happened thus far, and I will escalate the situation, so that you paid the full amount you are owed.

Apologetically,
Pat A.
TigerDirect.com
Customer Service
Web Response

Craig

AUTHOR: Gabriel - (U.S.A.)

apparently your rebate was a manufacturers rebate if it had the manufacturers name on it and did not come from onrebate. Tiger direct deals exclusively with onrebate for their rebate processing because they are both owned by the same company, systemax, which now owns the 'new COMPusa' name and website. About 3 months ago, the Florida attorney generals office announced they were doing an investigation into onrebate/tiger direct/systemax. Hopefully something comes out of this.

9 Weeks Later, I Got Mine

AUTHOR: Bigcraig - (U.S.A.)

TigerDirect does not use onerebate anymore, go to www.checkmyrebate.com to see if your rebate is being processed, I sent one in on 3-1-08 and it said processed 3-6-08 I just got my $20 check today 5-17-08 with a date on it 3-15-08 from the manufacturer, can someone tell me why they held my money since 3-15-08, sometimes rebates are not worth the hassle.