Complaint Review: Tiger Direct.com - OnRebate

• Submitted: Mon, January 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 02, 2006

• Reported By:Evanston Illinois
Tiger Direct.com - OnRebate
tigerdirect.com - OnRebate.com Naperville, Illinois U.S.A.

Tiger Direct.com - OnRebate Deceptive Practices, Rebate Ripoff Naperville Illinois

My wife and I purchased an Emachines computer from TigerDirect.com on December 6, 2005. UPS called two days after the delivery date to ask us the correct address because the shipping label was missing.

After receiving the computer, assembling it and turning it on we were required to enter a Product Key for Microsoft Office. We never received anything with a Product Key on it. Nor did we receive any other documentation with the computer, besides the Owner's Manual which serves no purpose.

After calling TigerDirect.com with an explanation, we were told to contact Emachines, who told us to call TigerDirect, who told us to call Emachines, and so on. I did discover that the serial number on our computer did not exist in Emachine's database so, of course, I had to contact TigerDirect again. TigerDirect Customer Service told me to contact Microsoft about the Product Key. Microsoft said there was nothing they could do and that I would have to take the issue up with the seller of the computer.

Meanwhile, my wife was working on the rebate and discovered we don't have anything OnRebate requires except the invoice from TigerDirect. Again, I called TigerDirect. The Rep asked me AND my wife to please hold, transferred us to an outgoing message which stated TigerDirect is closed for the holiday (Dec. 2nd?) and to please call bck on Monday, December 2nd.

It WAS Dec 2nd when we called! I called back and was on hold for 47 minutes. So I hung up and called the TigerDirect store in Naperville, Illinois. The manager said they have nothing to do with TigerDirect.com and could not help me. She suggested I call OnRebate to explain my case. MAYBE they will help.

My complaint is that I cannot provide the necessary info in order to get the $50 rebate because TigerDirect did not provide it... nor will they. This is too much of a headache for MY $500. So I might return the computer & ask for a refund. From now on I'll deal with (competitor's name deleted - see below).

Anthony
Evanston, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2006 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Directcom-OnRebate/Naperville-Illinois/Tiger-Directcom-OnRebate-Deceptive-Practices-Rebate-Ripoff-Naperville-Illinois-170136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct.com - OnRebate