Complaint Review: Tiger Direct.com OnRebate.com

• Submitted: Tue, November 28, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, December 31, 2006

• Reported By:Charleston South Carolina
Tiger Direct.com OnRebate.com
7795 W Flagler Street Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tiger Direct.com OnRebate.com Rebate Rip Off Miami Florida

*Author of original report: OK. The check cleared

*Author of original report: I don't believe it.

*Author of original report: TigerDirect.com OnRebate.com update

On July 9 of this year I purchased a Hanns-G 19" LCD display from their web site. The fact that it was factory recertified was obscured until I was at the checkout page. Well, no matter, I though to myself. With the $50 rebate I'm going to get, the price will be fair enough.

To make a long story short, their rebate processing service, OnRebate.com, seems to go out of their way to deny your rebate. They did not e-mail me to advise me of my rebate status. Just by chance I went to their site to check the status and found it had been denied.

After numerous attempts to get through to OnRebate's customer service department, I was finally advised that I had omitted a serial number barcode from my original submission and followed the steps given me to re-submit my application.

Again, no notification of rebate status. I went to the OnRebate site to check the status and saw this time that as of 8/15/2006, my rebate was "accepted" (whatever that means). After duly waiting the required 8 to 10 weeks I began checking the site daily. The rebate status has never shown that my payment is pending. It's now nearly December. Well past the 10 week maximum I was to allow. I have a feeling I'll never see this money.

I used to subscribe to Tiger Direct's mailing list and after all of this, I decided to un-subscribe. When you do, they send you a web-based survey to complete asking why you decided to un-subscribe. One of the options you can select as a reason for un-subscribing is "I'm having difficulty redeeming rebates. However, the html for never actually submits. If you're un-subscribing and are responding to the survey, watch the status bar of your browser. You'll see it process for a bit and the it will read "Stopped" - the data never actually goes anywhere.

Warren
Charleston, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2006 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Directcom-OnRebatecom/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Directcom-OnRebatecom-Rebate-Rip-Off-Miami-Florida-222595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct.com OnRebate.com

OK. The check cleared

AUTHOR: Warren - (U.S.A.)

The check arrived and has cleared. I can finally be doen with TigerDirect and OnRebate.

I don't believe it.

AUTHOR: Warren - (U.S.A.)

The check arrived on 12/01/2006. This odyssey began on 07/09/2006 when I originally made the purchase. This took too much of my time. I will consider this matter closed once the check clears...

TigerDirect.com OnRebate.com update

AUTHOR: Warren - (U.S.A.)

I received an e-mail on 11/28/06 from a TigerDirect employee stating that my check had been issued on 11/24/2006 (Thanksgiving day?) and that I should allow 10 days for it to arrive. We'll see.