• Report: #204707

• Submitted: Sat, August 05, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2007

• Reported By:Fort Collins Colorado
Tiger Direct.com
7795 West Flagler Street Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tiger Direct.com ripoff unfair rebate handling practices Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

I bought a Motorazr from tigerdirect on Jun 1st as they were offering a $50 rebate on these unlocked phones. I had taken printouts of the rebate pdf that they had posted on the product page and with that I mailedd in my rebate application to them promptly with the offer code TD-2747 which was on that pdf. I was surprised when I get a mail from Onrebate.com on Jun 14th saying that my rebate application was rejected for incorrect offer code.

I called their 1-800 number and it was difficult to get them on line but eventually got hold of one guy who directed me through a circuitous route in their website to a different rebate pdf which had the offercode of TD-2635 in it. I was angry that they had misled me putting wrong information on their site. Anyway that rep told me to resend the rebate for with new offer code and I also confirmed with him that since I had already sent in the original UPC barcode I cant send it again. He said that it was alright and understandable. So I resubmit my rebate again but I also include a copy of the UPC code(I was careful and had made a photocopy of the UPC before sending the first time).

I wait..wait and suddenly couple of days back I get a mail from them and when I read it I couldnt control myself and am like what the hell. They have rejected my rebate application again and you know what, because of not submitting the original UPC barcode!!

I mean da*n it what do they take us for playing around with our rightful money and time. It alost hurts me to know that I included a small post-it note also in the resubmission explaining the copy of UPC code instead of the original. Now when I search for Onrebate I happened to accidentally come across this ripoff site. I see that I am not alone and there are hundreds of others subject to similar fraud from this Tigerdirect-Onrebate miasma. I have replied to that mail explaining the situation. I cant believe that these companies are sitting on my money for 3 motnhs now and still have the audacity to send me email newsletters for promoting their products.

Hemanth
Fort Collins, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2006 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Directcom/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Directcom-ripoff-unfair-rebate-handling-practices-Miami-Florida-204707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger Direct.com

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to resolving it for you as promptly as possible.

Sincerely,