Complaint Review: Tiger direct

• Updated: Wed, July 28, 2004

• Reported By:wadena Minnesota
Tiger direct
www.tigerdirect.com Internet U.S.A.

Tigerdirect - Soyo rebate not being honored Ripoff tied in with Tigerdirect Miami Internet

Tigerdirect offered a Soyo brand barebones system with a $20 rebate. Also available from memory with a $20 rebate. The memory was not from Soyo, but from a different company.

I'm not asking for any help.

I't's clear to me that soyo and other companies offer rebates, in the hope that the purchaser will be too lazy to send them in.

Tigerdirect referred me to the manufacturers of the respective product.. they were completely hands off, when I asked them about the status of my rebate.

Even though I have copies of what I sent in, both Both companies (Soyo and one other) claim that I have not complied with the rebate offer by not sending in a cut out of the UPC lable... And a copy of my UPC won't do. Of course I don't have my UPC, becuase I had sent it in.

Lesson learned. I'll never buy anything advertised with a rebate, unless it an instant rebate or the company I'm buying the product from will process it.

Sad thing is it's not the first time this has happened. But it is the last time.

Troy
wadena, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2004 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-direct/internet/Tigerdirect-Soyo-rebate-not-being-honored-Ripoff-tied-in-with-Tigerdirect-Miami-Internet-101003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tiger direct