Complaint Review: TigerDirect

• Submitted: Mon, October 27, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 06, 2008

• Reported By:Fuquay-Varina North Carolina
TigerDirect
3131 Capital BLVD Suite 101 Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

TigerDirect shafts another customer! Raleigh North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution....

*Consumer Comment: The worst retail location I have ever seen.

*UPDATE Employee: We Apologize

I went to the Tiger Direct outlet store on 10/24/08 to purchase a surround sound system for my PC.I had the budget system (X-540) in mind for $69.95.They had the G-51 sitting beside it , with a rebate panel ($40 off ) and a final price of $84.00 taped on the G-51 box. Of course I picked up the more expensive system thinking, well, it will only be $15 more dollars for a more superior sound system. Once I got back to work , I started the rebate process , only to find out that the rebate had ENDED TWO WEEKS EARLIER!I am furious! I called their customer support and they told me to get in contact with the store manager.I tried the rest of the day that day to try and get in contact with the manager, only to be told numerous times that he "was out at the moment, please call back in 30 minutes. I now have resorted to putting this up to warn future customers. BTW, I have the sale/rebate panel and the reciept dated 10/24/08 to back up my claims .

Joe
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2008 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirect/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27604/TigerDirect-shafts-another-customer-Raleigh-North-Carolina-385138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect

AUTHOR: Joseph smith - (U.S.A.)

Well this certianly got their attention . They paid me all but $10 of the rebate back. ( $30 insread of the actual $40 rebate )

I can live with that for sure, but , Tigerdirect needs to make sure they get their act together at the store , to insure this doesn't happen again. An advertized rebate should not be already expired before the customer leaves the store ! ( Common sense )

Resolution....

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct Pat - (U.S.A.)

We at TigerDirect.com have gotten the customer's rebate paid. We apologize for the issue at the store, but we strive for satisfaction, whether it be online or in any of our stores, so we will always go the extra mile to make sure our customers are satisfied, or any issue is resolved. These store issues will be documented and reported, but if you ever have an issue, please contact the store manager or 1800 800 8300 to speak to a call center agent or manager.

Pat A.

TigerDirect.com

The worst retail location I have ever seen.

AUTHOR: Vince E. - (U.S.A.)

Ahhh so I finally get to vent about the infamous Tiger Direct store in Raleigh, off of Capital Blvd.

First off I would like to state that TigerDirect.com is a GREAT place to order parts if you want an online retailer. But.

This is the worst store of any kind, any caliber, any department, I have ever been in my entire life and everyone I bring up the topic of how horrible this store is has there own horror story to tell. Its become an inside joke at this point among my family and friends.

Here are the problems with this store.

1. The product you don't want, they have in stock. The product you do want, is never in stock.

2. If they have something in stock that you might want, its caged up and behind the final register in the store. This is the biggest problem with this store. Let me explain how this works. Say you or I go into this store to build a computer and drop about 1500 to 2000 dollars on a new system. Here is what is on the floor that you can actually look at and read the back of the box, check specs and product numbers.
- the case and power supplu
- the motherboard
The following items are locked in a cage like display behind the final register next to the door:
- all memory
- all hard drives
- the video cards you actually want
- all processors
So what does this mean exactly, well it means this... When you finally get to the register, you have a line of about 10 - 20 people behind you, waiting on you before they can checkout with whatever they are there for. There you have to stand and shop for the most expensive items in the store that you REALLY should be spending time thinking about before making split decisions. So there I am standing looking at the two processors, a dual core and a quad core, debating whether or not to spend the extra 200 dollars or not on something I have saved my money for and what do I have, a sea of people behind me making me feel EXTREMELY rushed and uncomfortable. This is the worst design of a store I have EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER seen. Its laughable.

3. They have 20 employees standing there to help you, except they know nothing about computers, NOTHING. I have yet to meet a single floor employee who could explain anything worth listening to. I am a systems technician for a fortune 100 company, so I know my IT, and I put a quick end to any smoke screening.
EXAMPLE:
me: Hey man, do you have anything comparable of the Nvidia 8800GT since I see you dont have them in stock (refer to point 1). Like whats the equivalent ATI card, I see you have plenty of those.

employee 1: uhhhhhhh I dont know anything about ATI, let me ask this guy, I think he knows some stuff about them.

*employee 1 walks over to employee 2 and I can here employee 2 says, man I dont know anything about video cards.*

employee 2: well here is a card thats a lot better than the 8800GT, *shows me a 450 dollar ATI card*

me: Yes I see that and its over double the price, thanks anyway.

*note both employees were about 17 year old guys who needed a haircut*

4. This last point, really not a problem, just something I dont understand. They have a hired security guard near the register who checks your reciept and product and any bags you have. Why do you have the cage thing and the guard? This makes one or the other no needed doesn't? So not only do I have to deal with
the entire stinkin cage issue, but also I have to have some shady guard rooting through my stuff like im a convict as I leave.

The short and sweet:

I go in this place if all other means of getting computer parts is exhausted. I hate giving them my money.

My advice, avoid this techno-trap of a store at all costs.

We Apologize

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct Pat - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for this oversight, and any inconvenience it has caused. We can assure you that it was not intentional. At Tigerdirect, we stand behind all our customers, and we will make sure that this rebate is paid. We have located your order in the system, and we will follow up with you shortly.

Sincerely,