Complaint Review: TigerDirect

• Submitted: Wed, February 23, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 23, 2011

• Reported By: bbmime — Toronto Ontario Canada
Toronto, Ontario Canada

TigerDirect Systemax Inc TigerDirect overcharges me, ignores my request to get back own money, they don't listen nor read evidence. They don't care about the consumer. Toronto, Ontario Canada

I ordered a 3 pack toner from TigerDirect.ca  - it was advertised at $164.97 on the Canadian website.  But I saw that they overcharged me by $47.48.  After waiting 25 minutes for a Customer Service person - he saw the weblink I used to place my order and agreed I was overcharged.  His actions were ineffective as all he did was 'ask' some higher up for my refund -  he did this on 4 occasions over a 3 week period after multiple emails and phone calls from me.  Obviously I was getting no where with his 'help. I did some research and got the following contacts: Elizabeth Hernandez and her Manager Rosemary Lindsay.  They work for Syx in the states
which owns TigerDirect.

After countless phone calls since Feb. 2nd, twice even being told that the fault was mine or ignoring me; sending numerous emails asking for my overpayment back - including sending the screen shots of the lower Canadian cost for the 3 pack toners I agreed to buy at point of purchase, and providing the actual web link which clearly states the correct Canadian price I agreed to pay at point of purchase, I finally got a promise of a ‘partial’ refund of the monies
TigerDirect overcharged me.  Here’s what Elizabeth Hernandez wrote me on Feb. 22, 2011:

“… we were checking with the product manager to make sure the item was advertised for the 164.97. The difference in price is 42.02 not 47.48 which a refund back to your PayPal in the amount of 42.02 has been issued. Please allow 72 working hours for the refund to appear in you pp [PayPal] account.

But TigerDirect still would not refund me the 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (Ontario) that
TigerDirect took from me for this unauthorized amount.

I find it ironic that Ms. Hernandez’ tagline under her email

My goal is to provide exemplary service and I take pride in exceeding the expectations of every customer. If I can be of service or if you have any feedback whatsoever please don’t hesitate to respond to this email or call me at: (800) 955-1888 x5366.

If you prefer to share your experience with my manager, you can do so at: Rosemary.Lindsay@syx.com

I discovered that you can’t use the above 1-800 # in Canada.

I left a voice message for Rosemary Lindsay at her direct line: 305-415-2923 explaining that in Ontario we are charged HST – so want my $5.46 back.  I did let them know I would the Toronto Star Newspaper's business columnist - which I then did.

I know the balance owing from TigerDirect is only $5.46, but this is now about the principle. They clearly are neither listening nor even looking at the evidence I sent them.  Why does it take so many emails and phone calls to get back what is simply mine?

The long and short - once the Toronto Star Newspaper columnist contacted TigerDirect I finally got my full balance owing deposited into my paypal account - over 3 weeks later.

I will never deal with this shoddy company TigerDirect again, Deplorable customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2011 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirect/Toronto-Ontario-/TigerDirect-Systemax-Inc-TigerDirect-overcharges-me-ignores-my-request-to-get-back-own-mo-699000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect