Complaint Review: TigerDirect

TigerDirect Fraudulent Rebate Scheme via Amex Reward cards , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Amex card is worthless

*Consumer Comment: TigerDirect rebate on Amex

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

TigerDirect.com offers now and their own rebates for buying a product from them... I bit and purchased a Western Digital hard Drive that had a "$15" Rebate.  Only the rebate was rendered by an AMEX Prepaid card with$1 deducted from the $15.. leaving $14 when card issued.  The real  "fraud" is that the card is not honored when attempts are made to use it... and here is the biggie:  Amex will deduct a service charge from it's value for every month not used.

So the "fraud" is a rebate that isn't there... and to add insult to "injury"  TigerDirect lowered the price of the drives by $15 right after the rebate offer expired. So, if I had waited 5 more days to purchase, I would have got the drive for $15 less and no bogus Prepaid rebate card from AMEX.  Amazing how anything with an "AMEX" label is a screw job.

Welcome to America! Where all businesses are run like prostitution.... but without  a " happy ending" as was with my purchase from TigerDirect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2012 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirect/internet/TigerDirect-Fraudulent-Rebate-Scheme-via-Amex-Reward-cards-Internet-922556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect

Amex card is worthless

AUTHOR: deadmanagain - ()

I chose the card figuring it's american express.  Should be able to use it.  Have had no luck using this card anywhere.  Now the date on the card shows expired so no one will even try.

$2.00 fee to get the card.  Another $2.00 after 7 months.  My rebate was originally $25 - $4.00 so far.  I may as well write the remainint $21 off since I can't use it anywhere.

TigerDirect rebate on Amex

AUTHOR: C B Davis - ()

The rebuttle claims that TigerDirect offers the option of receiving a check or an Amex card. However, I am on the website right now, looking at the rebate I just filed and there is absolutely no option to choose your rebate. I have had so much trouble ordering and trying to file the rebate I am next going to cancel my order and make my purchase at regular price.

Customer Service

AUTHOR: TigerDirect - (United States of America)

Dear Ronin, we apologize for the experience you had with this purchase.  Please be advised that ordinarily the rebate processor gives the option to customers of a $1.00 fee for a "No wait" process, in case customers would prefer not to wait for the usual rebate timeframe to elapse.

As for the payment method, the rebate filing process also includes both the "Card" and "Check" option for customers to choose.

We would like to look into this matter further and assist you, however your post does not include enough information for us to reach out to you.  Please contact us at" customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com" with your order details.

Thank you.