Complaint Review: TigerDirect

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: Joshua — Ramsey Minnesota United States of America
TigerDirect

TigerDirect TigerDirect.com Rude Sales Person. Accussed me of lying, cheating, and being manipulative, Internet

*Author of original report: Resolution

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Customer

*Author of original report: Email sent without requested picture

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Valued Customer

Below is a copy of a letter I have written to Tigerdirect.  I have emailed tiger a similar message in email and posted negative feedback on the product (although I have no idea if the product is bad, just reporting negative experience on the service of TigerDirect).  The feedback was not posted and I was not contacted after sending an email to customer care.  The product in question is the Adesso Compagno 3S Bluetooth Keyboard with Carrying Case for Samsung Slate PC XE700T1A (A68-1282) found on page 63 of the current add "New Tech Resolutions"

The worst part is, I am just trying to order a part.  I am plenty patient any understanding that sometimes pricing between print ads and internet listing are not in sync.  I just cant stand being treated like a deviant.

This letter explains my situation:

This post is more a reflection on the poor service and response from Tiger Direct.  Based on previous Adesso wireless keyboards I have owned, I am sure this is a great piece.  I placed an order for some computer hardware and wanted to add this piece to the order.  The price online is higher than the price in the print ad titled New Tech Resolutions, VOL XXI issue 1A.

I placed my order and then called in to have this item added to my order.  I wasnt upset with the
price mis-match; but I thought it would be an easy no brainer yes sir, let me add that to your order

Instead the sales guy did everything possible to belittle me and basically accuse me of trying to get by with a fast one.  I said to the sales person, Im sorry, but I think we got off to a bad start.  I am just trying to order the product in the print add, for the price listed.  I am not trying to pull any fast-ones by you.  After finding the add I was referring to, he then said it was expired. I pointed out that the add was less than a month old and according to the online copy of the add it was good for another month and a half.

The sales person responded with let me get this taken care of then put me on hold.  After 15 minutes during this session of hold, I figured he had probably dumped my call.  I hung up and my total call time was just under 45 minutes (44:34 minutes).  That is waaaayyy to long to be on the phone just to order a product.

I wrote an email to Tigerdirect about my experience and received no response.  I do not work in the service industry (I am active duty military) but cant imagine this is any companys expectations on how customer service should be handled.  Please Tiger, redeem yourself.  I used to enjoy ordering computer parts from your site.  I have, in the past, referred many people to purchase from Tiger.
///END OF MESSAGE

I am disappointed but not distraught.  Amazon has the item for a few dollars less than the price on the Tiger's print add.  I was hoping to purchase from Tiger instead of Amazon because I believed if there were ever a problem, it would be easier to work with Tiger.  After my own experience and having read some of these reports, I am not so confident.  I have not ordered this item from Amazon yet.  Interested to see if Tiger wants to make an effort.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirect/internet/TigerDirect-TigerDirectcom-Rude-Sales-Person-Accussed-me-of-lying-cheating-and-being-m-1000467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect

Resolution

AUTHOR: Joshua J - (United States of America)

I agree.  This issue has been resolved and I am satisfied with the action Tigerdirect is taking.

For the sake of this posting and to follow-on readers;

A representative from Tigerdirect contacted me and offered a sincere apology.  The representative asked for more details so that Tigerdirect may internally follow-up with the sales person with whom my original complaint was with.

One suggestion Tiger, please be more responsive to customer care emails prior to public posts like this one.

Thanks Tiger.  I am willing to continue shopping with you.

Josh

Dear Customer

AUTHOR: Tiger direct pat - (U.S.A.)

Per our conversation your issue has been resolved by our customer care team and your previews call transferred to our quality assurance department for review, please feel free to contact us at customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com for any questions or updates that you may need. Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience in the matter and hope this incident will not change your opinion of our company.

Email sent without requested picture

AUTHOR: Joshua J - (United States of America)

Thank you for the quick response.  I have replied to the address you provided at 1825 CST, 22JAN2013.  I have replied with the following message:

Customer Care, Please see attached file detailing a conversation on RipoffReprt.com. I was contacted by an employee of Tigerdirect and asked to respond with my contact information. The file is an image that should be openable on any Windows OS.  My Contact Information:
Joshua ... (hidden for site compliance)
I was also asked to take a picture of the item in question in the add I am referring to. I do not think that is necessary. I provided a detailed description of the item in question (with the item number), the catalog, and even what page it is on. Last week when I attempted to order the item I was able to find an online copy of the add on your site, so I imagine you can too. I appreciate your effort, but I am also short on patience at this point.
Respectfully,
Joshua...

Dear Valued Customer

AUTHOR: Tiger direct pat - (U.S.A.)

We sincerely do apologize for the inconvenience and services you received from sales agent. We would like to provide you with the correct customer service you deserve. Please contact us at customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com with your contact information and if possible a picture of the add. Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience in the matter and hope this incident will not change your opinion of our company.