Complaint Review: TigerDirect

• Reported By:
TigerDirect
Nationwide U.S.A.

Tigerdirect- Bait and Switch is a rip off

*Consumer Suggestion: This happens everywhere...

I have placed a couple of small orders with tigerdirect with no trouble, then when I tried to order an higher end item that they had on sale low and behold every system I tried to order was nolonger available, the systems were ordered the same day I recieved thier catalog, this is the secound time this has happened to me in the last couple of months. The first time I just thought because the deal was so good, it could happen, however when it happens twice in a row, that tells me something is not right. I am not accussing them of anything, but it sure does look funny. I tried to contact them but it took so long that after 30 minutes on hold I thought enough is enough. I did place an order for around $150 more than what I was supposed to pay as I live far away from any source for parts and related items, thats when they hit me with the what I think is a high shipping charge($96.00). Ronald Cox

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Tiger Direct

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirect/nationwide/Tigerdirect-Bait-and-Switch-is-a-rip-off-8722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This happens everywhere...

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

This happens a lot with computer companies that are online. From the way I read your text, it seems as if you wern't going online.

tigerdirect.com usually has everything online WAY before it comes out in the magazine so it probably all sold out via online purchases before you even got your magazine.