Complaint Review: TigerDirect.ca Retail Location

• Updated: Sat, November 14, 2009

• Reported By: Patrick — Barrie Ontario Canada
TigerDirect.ca Retail Location
Woodbine Avenue Markham, Ontario Canada

TigerDirect.ca Retail Location selling defective computers, deceptive return policy, rude technicians Markham, Ontario Canada

I recently purchased an Acer 8940G notebook computer for $1400 from TigerDirect.com's Canadian outlet located on Woodbine Avenue in Markham, Ontario.

While comparing this model against a similar one manufactured by HP, the salesperson told me that the acer product was better and I took his advice.

I got the computer home, turned it on, and immediately noticed that the screen was displaying strange characters and the computer was crashing frequently.   Windows 7 produced an error message advising me that the display driver had stopped responding and the system would freeze.

I packed the system up and took it back to the Markham store to demand an exchange or refund.  The salesperson at the store offered me an inferior product because they were out of stock of the model I had purchased and told me that to return the notebook I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee, even though the computer is defective.

I complained and the manager had a technician look at my system.  The technician told me that there was nothing wrong with the computer but it was a Windows problem and I would just have to wait for Microsoft to release an updated display driver.  The technician further went on to imply that I should have expected problems since I bought a system running Windows 7.

Frankly, I don't care who's fault it is, I bought a computer which was supposed to work correctly and it doesn't.  Acer does not offer a driver for this computer which supports Windows 7 and TigerDirect ripped me off.

Don't let it happen to you.  Avoid TigerDirect like the plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2009 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirectca-Retail-Location/Markham-Ontario-/TigerDirectca-Retail-Location-selling-defective-computers-deceptive-return-policy-rude-523740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect.ca Retail Location