Complaint Review: TigerDirect.ca Retail Location

• Updated: Thu, November 26, 2009

• Reported By: Patrick — Barrie Ontario Canada
TigerDirect.ca Retail Location
Woodbine Avenue Nationwide United States of America

TigerDirect.ca Retail Location Tigerdirect.com, Tigerdirect.ca, TigerDirect Retail Store Markham, Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Software issue.

I bought a brand new computer for school from these fraudsters less than 2 weeks ago.

I spent over $1800 for a top of the line Acer notebook computer with TigerDirect's 3 year extended warranty added on.

The computer display driver crashed the minute I turned it on at home.  I live over 2 hours away from this store and was very upset to find that it didn't work properly when I got it home.

I returned it to the store and was told that I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee even though the product is defective. The technician checked it and said that it was Microsoft or Acer that would have to deal with it and that they wouldn't return it without charging me the fee. I would have settled for a credit to buy something else in store or online but instead I was told that it was my fault for purchasing something which runs Windows 7 and that I should have expected problems with a new Operating System.

I will tell everyone who will listen what a horrible experience I've had with those thieving b*stards and will post in every forum I can about what a lousy company TigerDirect is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2009 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirectca-Retail-Location/nationwide/TigerDirectca-Retail-Location-Tigerdirectcom-Tigerdirectca-TigerDirect-Retail-Store-523744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect.ca Retail Location

Software issue.

AUTHOR: Alex N - (Canada)

I do apologize for the inconvenience incured to this point. From what I do see this seems like a software issue which we do not cover. If you can please provide me with an order number, which is found on your receipt, then I can help you further on this issue. You are also welcome to call us at 800-800-8300 and speak to me directly, but before I can do anything I would require an order number so I can look at the factual order. Thank you.