Complaint Review: TigerDirect.com OnRebate.com

• Updated: Thu, November 18, 2004

• Reported By:Evans Georgia
TigerDirect.com OnRebate.com
http://www.onrebate.com Internet U.S.A.

TigerDirect.com OnRebate.com Tiger Direct And OnRebate Offers rebate at Tiger Direct that you must claim at OnRebate.com. Onrebate website gives no confirmation email and only error messages. Internet Internet

*Author of original report: I spent hours with technical support to find the issue

*Consumer Comment: Enable VGA Mode

*Author of original report: Computer Broken / Not working - Tiger Direct - eMachines W3080

Hi,

I felt obligated to write and weigh in on this. I just purchased a computer from Tigerdirect.com. It was advertised for $359.00 but when I looked closer i see there is a $75 mail in rebate. I read other people's problems about rebates but like a moron I bought it anyways.

Let me start off by saying that I was MORE than pleased with my experience at the tigerdirect website. I ordered the computer on Tuesday Night and it was shipped out on wednesday and I received the system Thursday afternoon!! Great email invoices and tracking notification and it only took 48 hours for my computer to arrive at my home, even though I only paid for UPS Ground.

Trying to get my rebate has been another story. I am not saying they are purposefully ripping people off, but it has been ridiculously tedious and difficult to even try to get the rebate process started. First I go to the website and fill out my information. They say they have sent a confirmation email. It never arrives. I repeatedly tried to resend it to no avail. I sent the email to the address they provided if you didn't get a confirmation email. I got an automated response so I know there is no problem with my ISP or email blocking their mails .

I also contacted Tiger Direct since their websites both reside on the same server and i figure it's the same people. Then I got an email from someone at tigerdirect giving me an alternate address to go to. (http://199.181.77.77/). I tried to go through the steps at this address and it did not work either.

Finally someone got back to me from onrebate.com and was very nice and provided me with my code to confirm my email address and start applying for my rebate. I go to the site and enter in the number they gave me + my email address and it goes through, but then it brings up ANOTHER STEP asking me to enter in the quantity of rebates I h ave for each product covered. I enter a 1 next to my purchased product and click submit. All that happens is the page reloads and says "There was an error please try again." I have tried this at the domain name and the ip address and its the same both places. I have yet to hear back from them.

I find it a little funny that they say their goal is to make it easier on consumers to get their rebates and yet it is obvious that this system is causing people alot of headaches. I am unaware if it is the same person responsible for both sites and I wasn't going to include Tiger Direct in this report but if they are going to offer the rebates on their website they should make sure their "3rd Party Company" is reliable. Also, if onrebate.com cannot even provide a functional, working website then they need to offer alternative methods to claim your rebate.

Jeoffory
Augusta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2004 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirectcom-OnRebatecom/internet/TigerDirectcom-OnRebatecom-Tiger-Direct-And-OnRebate-Offers-rebate-at-Tiger-Direct-that-1029204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect.com OnRebate.com

I spent hours with technical support to find the issue

AUTHOR: Jeoffory - (U.S.A.)

This was not the problem. As I stated I spent hours with technical support to find the issue. The computer would not even boot into safe mode. The computer was finally determined to be defective. They said it was possibly fried RAM, or the onboard video was defective. They weren't really sure. I ended up having to send back and I got an in store credit. I ordered an older model of an eMachine for the same price so that was a little upsetting. Also, I sent in the rebate stuff after going through the complicated process of contactic the rebate company over and over but I still have not heard anything back from them. They still show they have not received my rebate information. They suggested I resend it but thats not possible because I sent the original UPC with the first letter as required. Oh well. At least this computer is working for the time being. I still feel a little scammed.

Enable VGA Mode

AUTHOR: Adolf - (U.S.A.)

It's a common problem with Computer Monitors. Boot into Safe Mode and Select "Enable VGA Mode." Computer will now show your Video Screen. Happens with eMachoines on First Boot Up. Also have been buying from Tigerr for years and the new Rebate Policy is great. Two days after they receive the Actual Proof of Purchase The Refund was deposited in my PayPal Account and in the Bank a day later.

You might have accidently moved to more than 1 Item and that's why it refused to go. A common error we all make.

Computer Broken / Not working - Tiger Direct - eMachines W3080

AUTHOR: Jeoffory - (U.S.A.)

Well strangely enough now I am glad that onrebate.com hasn't responded to me in 2 days. Yesterday the computer I bought from TigerDirect.com stopped working. It froze and when I tried to reboot I got the emachines logo and then a black screen with a cursor in the top left corner. I have tried using the restore cd and booting into safe mode. Neither worked.

So, I guess I'm glad that they are trying to rip me off about the rebate because that means I haven't removed the UPC yet and I can get the product replaced. Hopefully. I will update when they contact me again... if they do.