Complaint Review: TigerDirect.com

• Submitted: Wed, November 12, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 13, 2008

• Reported By:Ocala Florida
TigerDirect.com
7795 W Flagler St, Ste 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

TigerDirect.com DID NOT GET REBATE Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: We Apologize

I placed an order from TigerDirect.com for a power supply on 9/25/07 and had it shipped to my son, who is in law school at the University of Miami. The purchase came with a $25.00 rebate offer. I went online and started the rebate process. When I asked my son to send me the UPC barcode from the box to send in with the rebate, he told me there was not one, either printed on, or attached to, the box. I had him email me pictures of all sides of the box.

On 10/17/07, a week before the rebate submission deadline, I called customer service and talked with a representative and explained that I had no UPC (proof of purchase) to send in with the rebate form. I emailed her the pictures of the box. She instructed me to mail the rebate submission to her, which I did the next day on 10/18/07.

On 10/29/07 I emailed the rep to find out the status of my rebate. She said she had not gotten the paperwork that I had sent, but would find it and forward it on to the rebate processing center.

I again emailed the rep on 11/8/07 and 11/15/07, asking about the status. On 11/15/07 she responded, asking for the order number to check on it. I heard nothing after that.

I again emailed the rep on 11/21/07 and have heard nothing.

My son came home for Thanksgiving and brought the box with him. There is no UPC anywhere on the box, which I still have.

On 11/27/07, I made copies of everything, which I sent with a letter to Manager, Customer Service at TigerDirect.com, asking the manger to help get the rebate I was entitled to. I have heard nothing.

On 7/11/08, I again made copies of everything, which I sent to the president of TigerDirect.com, at his personal residence, asking him to help get the rebate I was entitled to. I did not trust the customer service department to get my letter to him. I have heard nothing.

I have never had a rebate problem with TigerDirect.com (or any other company) prior to this. Needless to say, I do not do any business with TigerDirect.com anymore. I can get what I need from elsewhere and they treat me right, so far.

Eric
Ocala, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2008 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirectcom/Miami-Florida-33144/TigerDirectcom-DID-NOT-GET-REBATE-Miami-Florida-390523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect.com

We Apologize

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct Pat - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for the inconvenience. Though we are not who pays the rebates, we are always willing to stand behind our customers. The situation in these special circumstances should have been handled by the manufacturer, as they are who sets the guidelines, and ultimatey who pays the rebate. Your posting does not contain any information for me to look you up in our system. Please send copies of any information that you have (order info, the agent you dealt with, rebate forms) to my e-mail, Patrice.Altine@tigerdirect.com and we will follow up on what you send.

Sincerely,