On January 14, 2007 I decide to order some new computer equipment for myself. I go online and place an order with TigerDirect to the tune of $2,280.99 for various computer components. I have the invoice if needed. TigerDirect sends me an email confirming my order on the 15th and letting me know that my credit card has been charged accordingly. I waited patiently for the order to arrive in my mail box but time passed and it never came.
I made a call to the company via their toll free number. I don't recall the exact dates but I made several calls at international long distant rates. I would estimate that I spent in excess of $100 on calls to the company. TigerDirect informed me that since the packages was shipped to a military APO address that I would have to wait 75 days before they could initiate a trace on it.
On 1 April I made another inquiry and finally got an e-mail response which was a form that I could take to my local post office to expedite the trace. On 5 April I sent an e-mail expressing my concerns with their lack of communication with a customer that had problems (me) and told them that under no circumstances did I want them to ship anything I had previously ordered and never received.
On 11 May I got an e-mail from Ivan Rodriguez stating that they had received the postal trace and reviewed the case and that they would be shipping me the merchandise I had originally ordered. Again I sent them an e-mail stating I did not want the merchandise and that all I wanted was my credit card credited. Later that same day I got a reply from Ivan stating that a "return merchandise authorization update" was done and that they would be crediting my credit card and to please allow "5-10 business days" for it to be completed. Even later in the day I got another e-mail informing me that my order had been processed. I looked on the order and they had included everything I had previously ordered minus the $1,000 computer processor.
On 16 May I got an e-mail stating that "your order" had been shipped. Thinking that this was done in error based on the previous e-mail I received from Ivan I let it go. On 23 May I checked my bank account and found that I had received a credit to my account from TigerDirect. Unfortunately it was for $1,001.98 and not the total amount. I sent and e-mail to Ivan immediately expressing my concerns and demanding to receive the full amount of my credit.
On 24 May I received one of TigerDirect's machine-generated e-mails informing me that my order had been shipped 7 days prior and that I should have received it by now. According to their system that means they sent me an order, one that I specifically informed them that I did not want via e-mail, on 17 May. To this date, 8 June, I have not received the unwanted order or the remaining $1,279.01 that they owe me. My suspicion is that they will inform me that in order to get the remaining money due to me that I will have to wait the 75 days from the 17th of May which will be 1 August before they can do a trace thru the post office which they claim can take as long as 75 days in itself. If that is the case I will not see the credit to my account until the middle of October for a purchase I made in good faith back in the middle of January.
I have already purchased similar computer components from another vendor and received them in record time without any issues. One of my biggest concerns with TigerDirect, more than the money, is the fact that I have been ignored as a concerned customer throughout this whole ordeal whether on the telephone or via e-mail correspondence. I was on hold one time for 62 minutes while paying international long distant rates only to be hung up on.
I have almost all the e-mail correspondence available if needed to help substantiate my claim if needed. I also reported the issue to the Better Business Bureau but TigerDirect refused to respond to them as well. The BBB suggested I go to the States Attorney General and file a complaint. I have yet to do so because I thought that TigerDirect was going to do the right thing and give me a full reimbursement. Please help me recoup the rest of my money.
On 8 June I received an e-mail from TigerDirect stating that they had received my returned merchandise (I have never received any so there could not be any physical property to return) and would be crediting my account in the next 5-10 business days. Right after that I received another e-mail stating that I have received authorization to return the merchandise and a length of procedures to insure its safe return to them. I am not sure why I would get the e-mail stating they had received the merchandise and would credit me and then send me an e-mail telling me to return it and how to go about it.
The troubling part is that in my initial purchase request I had ordered and paid for 2 each 2GB pairs of RAM for $399.99 each. That was the price in January and was still that price up until just recently. Now the RAM has dropped to $200 each. According to their "return invoice" they will be crediting my account with $400 less than I was charged back in January for equipment I have never received. I am also looking to get back the $59.07 in shipping and handling charges that I paid as I have never been shipped anything.
I cannot confirm the amount they intend on crediting my account but it appears that they will try and shortchange me $459.06. Of course this has been an ongoing battle from an order I paid for on 15 January and have never received any of.
APO AP, California
U.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Tiger Direct