Complaint Review: TigerDirect.com

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 12, 2009

• Reported By:peoria Arizona
TigerDirect.com
7795 W Flagler St. Suite 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

TigerDirect.com Refurbished/used laptop sold as NEW, wrong power supply for the laptop, denies Bing cashback Miami Florida

* : HP Mixed Batch

Me and many others bought a NEW HP laptop online from TigerDirect.com. Upon inspection of the unit when it arrived, I found the following:

1- Battery & power supply was not packaged or secured. It looks like someone just tossed it in the box.
2- The laptop's LCD screen had fingerprints and smudges all over it. There was also NO screen cover between the LCD and the keyboard (I know they come with this because I bought 3 HP laptops last year for friends).
3- There were tiny scratches all over the laptop.
4- The Vista sticker at the bottom of the laptop was heavily scratched.
5- I was UNABLE to power up my (supposedly) brand new laptop because it came with the wrong power supply! Wow! I had a (supposedly) new laptop but I can't use it!
6- To make matters worse, TigerDirect denies my cashback through Bing Cashback. This was $92 of cashback for using Bing, but they told my Bing rep that I DID NOT go through them! I have pictures that show the cashback amount which I took during the checkout process. But even this wasn't enough to prove that I did go through Bing.

I went online and sure enough, I was NOT the only one experiencing the same issues. Just about everyone who ordered the same laptop had the same problem. See link below if you don't believe me:

Be careful, folks. I have done business with TigerDirect for several years now, but after this fiasco, I am sticking to reputable merchants like Newegg.com. At least with Newegg, their product description & condition are accurate and if you use Bing or Ebates for cashback, you are sure to get them!

Phxpc
peoria, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirectcom/Miami-Florida-33144/TigerDirectcom-Refurbishedused-laptop-sold-as-NEW-wrong-power-supply-for-the-laptop-de-472431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect.com

#1

HP Mixed Batch

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for the inconvenience, due to customer feedback on this unit we advised HP of the situation and received confirmation that we did in fact receive a mixed shipment from HP that did not correspond with the specifications they had provided for us for our website.

Please contact me directly at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com so we can discuss your situation and work on a resolution, please send your order information so we may access your account, thank you!

-Ernie E.