Complaint Review: TigerDirect.com

• Submitted: Mon, January 26, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2009

• Reported By:Three Rivers Michigan
TigerDirect.com
7795 W Flagler St. Suite 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

TigerDirect.com XFX Video Card Refused a rebate because no packing slip. Packing slip was included Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Invalid claim

*Author of original report: Rebate Paid - Tiger makes it hard so their payout % is lowered

*UPDATE Employee: We Apologize

Purchased a video card from TigerDirect.com with a $30 mail-in rebate. Submitted the rebate form, UPC and packing slip. I received an email that my rebate was rejected from worldwiderebates.com. I went to the web site to view why my rebate was rejected and found that they upload a copy of the documentation that I submitted in a pdf file. I opened the pdf file and looked at the documents and sure enough the had a copy of the envelope and rebate form that I submitted but not the packing slip. BUT, they made a mistake.

For this rebate you are instructed to cut out a return address label from the bottom of the rebate form, which I did. So the bottom 2.5 inch x 3 inch corner of the rebate form is gone. So, on the pdf copy you can actually see the packing slip under the rebate form. The proof that the packing slip was included is on their own website in the file that they post to deny my rebate.

I have copies of all my forms that were submitted and also I downloaded a copy of the pdf file from their website. You can see for yourself if you go to

I tried calling the rebate center and was stuck in a circle of messages until I finally could ask for an operator and then was disconnected. I am allowed to try and resubmit the rebate which I will do, but the scam is to make it difficult so that a lot of people won't resubmit

Matthew
Three Rivers, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2009 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirectcom/Miami-Florida-33144/TigerDirectcom-XFX-Video-Card-Refused-a-rebate-because-no-packing-slip-Packing-slip-was-416517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect.com

Invalid claim

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct Pat - (U.S.A.)

With all due respect, what you are perpetuating online is completely speculative and invalid. First, TigerDirect.com DOES NOT pay rebates directly, they are paid by the vendors of the products (we are a reseller). Secondly, since we DO NOT process the rebates, we have no say on whether a rebate gets rejected of accepted. Third, each year hundreds of thousands of dollars are paid by the vendors off the products we sell, and getting your rebate is dependent on what the customer does, and if they submit all the information properly. That link you included has no scan of your invoice, which is precisely the reason you were rejected. Because we take care of our customers, we submitted your rebate so that you got paid, saving you time and postage. It is unfortunate that you chose to post an assumption, and we hope that you and others will consider the facts. We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope that you will shop with us again.

Sincerely,

Rebate Paid - Tiger makes it hard so their payout % is lowered

AUTHOR: Matthew - (U.S.A.)

It's interesting that they paid my rebate immediately even before I had resubmitted copies of my rebate information. Obviously due to the clear evidence that shows my packing slip was in fact included in the original submission. You will find that Tiger pays a lot of their rebates but makes it complicated in order to reject as many as they can. In my case they automatically rejected it even though all of my information was included, hoping that I would not reapply or had not saved copies of my submission. Even though I got my rebate I feel their practices are illegal and allow them to avoid paying out many legitimate rebate submissions. They also are good at responding quickly to complaints so they keep up their image. Bottom line is I caught them redhanded and will not do business with any longer regardless of their low prices.

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct Pat - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for the confusion, but after reviewing the link you provided, you DID NOT include a copy of your invoice, and that is simply the reason that your rebate was denied. We will submit a copy of the invoice on your behalf, and you will receive your rebate in about 2 weeks. Please contact me at Patrice.Altine@tigerdirect.com If you have any further questions or to follow up.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC