Complaint Review: TigerDirect.com

• Reported By: Slingo — bronx New York USA
TigerDirect.com

TigerDirect.com Attempted purchase of portable DVD player, Internet

*Author of original report: Tiger Direct DVD player update

I received an email from Tiger Direct.  Since I had purchased an item with good results a few years ago, I scanned the emailed sales brochure. They were selling a Coby portable DVD player/TV combo for a special price of $39.95. I opted to purchase it and paid the total cost of $45.24. Here are the sequence of events:

1> I received a package with a VIDCAM enclosed.  An item that was selling on the Internet for about $25.00.

2> I called and complained about the error and was promised a replacement with possibly a different manufacturer.  I would receive this item in about five days.

3> I was sent a return-shipping label.  I re-packed the VIDCAM and delivered it to a local UPS center for the return shipping.

4> After four days passed and I had not been contacted in any way from Tiger Direct, I called them.  I was tolled that a refund was made to my credit card.

5> I talked with the supervising manager and complained about the problems I had encountered with the transaction.  After a few calls and long discourse, Tiger Direct offered to sell me a different device without the shipping fee.  I declined their offer.

So to recap, I spent hours and effort on my part to no effect.  This was an endeavor of futility.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2012 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirectcom/internet/TigerDirectcom-Attempted-purchase-of-portable-DVD-player-Internet-891027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect.com

Tiger Direct DVD player update

AUTHOR: Slingo - (USA)

Since I wrote my report about problem with Tiger Direct, they have corrected the issue.

I received the portable DVD player that I originally purchased.

I am satisfied with the outcome of this transaction.