Complaint Review: Tigerdirect

• Submitted: Tue, January 20, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Lexington North Carolina
Tigerdirect
1058 W Club Blvd Durham, North Carolina U.S.A.

Tigerdirect TV converter box ripoff Durham North Carolina

*Author of original report: Happy consumer

*Author of original report: Tigerdirect TV converter box ripoff Durham North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: We are a reputable company....

I purchased two Access (brand) from GXI in Clayton,NC model DTA 1080D TV converter boxes from tigerdirect. Brought them home to find their operation and design very poor. It takes about 5 minutes to load auto program. The switching between channels takes several seconds. The picture is broken on most channels. Tigerdirect just told me sorry they will not help me. Access (GXI) told me if I sent them in and they find no problem they charge me ten dollar for testing on each. Went this quality, "I feel" they would not find a burn resistor. A UNHAPPY CUSTOMER of tigerdirect. This was all in the warrantry period. For a test I purchased a Magnavox TV converter from Walmart, with my antenna which work GREAT. It is not my antenna.

Scraper
Lexington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2009 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tigerdirect/Durham-North-Carolina-27715/Tigerdirect-TV-converter-box-ripoff-Durham-North-Carolina-414162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tigerdirect

Happy consumer

AUTHOR: Scraper - (U.S.A.)

Tigerdirect-Durham,NC has change my TV converter boxes with Apex brand which works much better then the Access brand. SO it was not my antenna GXI of North Carolina which sells Access and only wish to sell antennas when you call in. Thanks Tiger !

AUTHOR: Scraper - (U.S.A.)

Tigerdirect the second time around listen to my complaint and swap the converter boxes from Access to their APEX product which works very much better. THANKS Tiger for your help.

AUTHOR: Scraper - (U.S.A.)

After talking with a couple managers they let me swap converter boxes from Access to APEX. The Apex is very much a better product. The channel are few for now, but believe as they switch it will be more. I live in the country. APEX is a good product. THANKS Tigerdirect for listening.

We are a reputable company....

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct Pat - (U.S.A.)

We apologize for the inconvenience, but as these items are provided to purchase through a goverment program, and they are solely supported by their manufacturers (there isn't a standard 30 day policy for these items). We are sorry that you were not satisfied by the quality for the one you chose. All of the converter boxes we sell are warrantied by their manufacturers. For your particular item, here is the support information:

Limited warranty 12 months for parts and 3 months for labor.
Support URL: http://www.accesshd.tv