Complaint Review: Tigerdirect

• Submitted: Sun, January 09, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, January 09, 2005

• Reported By:Palm Bay Florida
Tigerdirect
7795 W. Flagler St. Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tiger Direct gift card fraud Miami Florida

On December 19th a $100 giftcard was purchased and said to be shipped by December 21st, according to the Tigerdirect website. Because it was shipped USPS there was no tracking number. As of December 27th no giftcard had been received. We called inquiring about the gift card because we wanted to purchase some RAM. Miguel answered and advised me I could use the gift card to order RAM with him on the phone right then so I placed an order for the RAM with him.

January 9th rolls around and no RAM has arrived. I then make another call to tigerdirect, I am informed that my order for the RAM was never processed, simply entered in the system waiting for the gift card number to be used as payment. I told the girl I never got the gift card in the mail, as per my previous call to them. I gave her my order number from the gift card so she could apply it to the order and get my memory shipped out ASAP. But she informs me that's not possible because they don't know what the number is on the gift card. I found this to be completely unacceptable. I was told they had to do a trace on the gift card which may take 3-4 business days. At this point I asked for a refund. She can't do that... so Danny the "Manager of all departments" got on the line. He is unable to process a refund unless the card shows up. I am unable to place an order unless the card shows up either! I definitely don't want to sink another $100 into this company.

To top it all off, when my mother called to dispute it through her credit card company we find that they charged us sales tax on the gift card. I've never heard of paying tax on a gift card. Even if I received the so called gift card we bought I'd be double taxed on whatever it was I decided to buy from them!! Never again will I do business with Tigerdirect.com.

Matt
Palm Bay, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2005 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tigerdirect/Miami-Florida-33144/Tiger-Direct-gift-card-fraud-Miami-Florida-126629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tigerdirect