existed

• Submitted: Thu, April 20, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 20, 2006

• Reported By:Montclair California
Tigerdirect
7795 West Flagger St. Suite 35 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tigerdirect - Onrebate dececptive rebate ripoff Miami Florida

I bought a cpu/RAM/motherboard bundle from tigerdirect.com, because of the attractive $50 rebate on the cpu and $20 rebate on the RAM stick. What I did not realize was that in reality there was no rebate. Tigerdirect tells you that you have to go to onrebate.com and follow instructions there. I went there and followed instructions and clicked and clicked and got errors returned. So I emailed onrebate "customer service", and got a reply a week later--they gave me a confirmation number that did not work. The rebate had a time limit on it--one month. So adding the time it took to get my stuff from tigerdirect and a reply from onrebate, I am about in my third week. I decided to complain to onrebate, and basically told them "hey, could you guys speed it up here, my rebate is about to expire". So I got more confirmation numbers to try and plug into the stupid confirmation deal at the onrebate website. None of them worked. I emailed them again, and got stupid answers again, all the way up to the expiration date. I complained to tegerdirect and got a typical answer, basically saying, "unfortunately, that's the onrebate side, and you would have to talk to them, here are their numbers". If this is not a rip off, I do not know what is. It is like tigerdirect writes me a bounced check and then washes its hands, saying ,"hey, that's between you and the bank, they are supposed to pay you, not me". Stay away from these two rip-off sites. Yeah, their moron owner will post his stupid rebutal once in a while, pretending like he's on your side. Do not beleive it. They spam your mail box like crazy, too.

Bryan
Montclair, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2006 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tigerdirect/Miami-Florida-33144/Tigerdirect-Onrebate-dececptive-rebate-ripoff-Miami-Florida-187702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tigerdirect