• Report: #971900

• Reported By: hunter9 — Wisconsin United States of America
Tigerdirect

Tigerdirect Ongoing Shipping Nightmares Internet

*Author of original report: The Nightmare Continues

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to assist you. Please contact us.

I placed an order for next day delivery and received an order confirmation email, however the order did not get shipped. I called customer service and they said "that happens sometimes" but they could not fix it. I had to call back and place the order with sales, which I did. I was told the order would arrive the next morning. When I called back later to make sure it had been shipped, they said it would arrive by 3 pm the next day, which means they lied about morning delivery.

I have had a very similar problem with them another time which tells me they do not seem interested in fixing these problems.  In the previous situation they promised to send the product using overnight delivery but they accidently sent it standard delivery.  When it did not arrive the next day I called them again and they sent another one out for overnight delivery, but it did not go out until the next day.   It took more than a week after my first order to get the item, and then I had 2 of them.  Returning the 2nd item was another nightmare.

Rather than fix their shipping problems, it seems their strategy is to lie to the customer.

I can buy everything cheaper on Amazon and eBay.  I only oredered from tigerdirect becauee I could get overnight shipping.  I have learned my lesson and will never order from them again.  Over the years I have spent several thousand dollars at tigerdirect.

They have lost me as a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2012 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tigerdirect/internet/Tigerdirect-Ongoing-Shipping-Nightmares-Internet-971900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tigerdirect

The Nightmare Continues

AUTHOR: hunter9 - (United States of America)

When it became clear that no one I spoke to  at TigerDirect had the ability to rectify the situation (and as yet nothing had been shipped) I cancelled my order.

So I was very surprised to get an email the next morning that one of the items in my order had shipped.  I called UPS to tell them I did not want the order, they said I had to call TigerDirect and TigerDirect could still stop the shipment (UPS had not received it yet) or they could change the shipping address online so it gets returned to TigerDirect.  Of course TigerDirect would not do either one.  I called 2 times and was told it is impossible.  Finally I called a third time and I was able to convince them to do it.  It took less than 30 seconds for them to make the change, but it took me half a day of my time to Convince them to do it.

However, it is still not resolved.  The order is still not cancelled and it shows the remaining 2 items as being "Not Yet Shipped."  Please note that all 3 items I originally ordered said that they were IN STOCK and would GO OUT THE SAME DAY FOR NEXT DAY ORDERS.  Obviously this is a lie.  It appears they get orders they can not fill, and then don't allow their customers to cancel the order.  It is 4 days later and they still have not shipped the items that were supposedly IN STOCK.

The last person I spoke to at TigerDirect offered me $20 off my next order to "make up for the inconvenience."  I told him $1000 would not be enough to compensate me, and there will never be another order.

We would like to assist you. Please contact us.

AUTHOR: Tiger direct pat - (U.S.A.)

We truly apologize for the inconvenience with your order. We are constantly working to minimize problems like the one you encountered. Please contact us at customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com with your order details so that we may review and address your issue. Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience in the matter and hope this incident will not change your opinion of our company.