Complaint Review: Tigerdirect.com, - onrebate.com

• Submitted: Thu, September 14, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, October 28, 2006

• Reported By:N/A California
Tigerdirect.com, - onrebate.com
120 East Palmetto Park Road, 3rd Floor Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Tigerdirect.com,- onrebate.com rebate ripoff! not paying out on rebates Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: Rebate paid

I made a purchase from tigerdirect.com on June 3rd. They promised the rebate within 8-10 weeks of receipt of rebate materials which were received on June 15th by onrebate.com -- the company that processes all rebates for tigerdirect.com. I called the rebate company (onrebate.com) and sat on hold for 45 minutes before speaking to Sebastian at onrebate.com who promised me with a "pinky swear" that I would get my rebate. He gave me a long story about how there was some problem with the accounting department and that my check would go out within a week. That was two weeks ago and I still have not received a check.

Today I called TigerDirect's customer service at and spoke to a supervisor named Bertrand who insisted that he called onrebate.com and spoke to their supervisor named Nikki who, in turn, insisted that I will get my rebate.

I will wait another two weeks -- making it 4 months since the date of purchase and 14 weeks since they received my rebate materials -- and then I will ask for the help of my credit card issuing bank in resolving this issue. I will never buy from TigerDirect again if the item has a rebate. I'm sure they could not care about that at all since they sell thousands of units of everything they sell. The days of vendors prioritizing customer service are o-ver....

B
N/A, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2006 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tigerdirectcom-onrebatecom/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/Tigerdirectcom-onrebatecom-rebate-ripoff-not-paying-out-on-rebates-Boca-Raton-Florida-211078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tigerdirect.com, - onrebate.com

Rebate paid

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

In fairness to OnRebate, I promised I'd follow up to this report when I received my rebate...
I had to do some creative calling to get to the managers of TigerDirect/OnRebate (both owned by Systemax Corp. - same addresss, same hold music, internal phone transfers from TigerDirect to OnRebate) who finally put me in touch with Nadina at OnRebate. Nadina was extremely courteous and professional and I had my rebate in 2 weeks. There were no issues with cashing the check.

Dealing with OnRebate is a little more like a hobby than a rebate. It seems from my experience and others reported here that you need to nudge them a little bit to get your rebates paid. But, then they do pay them. Investors in Systemax must like this since it allows rebate money to accrue interest during these delays.

Although I was finally paid, it took so long and was such a huge effort, I will not choose to go through all of this trouble (probably more than 10 hours of phone calls, credit card dispute reports, etc.) again. $50.00 for 10 hours is not a high hourly rate.

Also, calling OnRebate's main number does not seem to help much although the music's kinda nice -- a little mediteranian, kinda jazzy, very relaxing -- exactly what you need when you're sitting on hold for an hour getting really uptight :)

Other people you can call to get a little more help are Systemax Inc., the vendor you purchased from (as long as it's not TigerDirect), the manufacturer of your product, and the credit card company.