Complaint Review: Tihanyi Photography

• Reported By: la90212 — beverly hills California United States of America
Tihanyi Photography
340 Cloverdale Ave, Internet United States of America

Tihanyi Photography Tamara Tihanyi Ripoff Headshot Photography, Internet

*Author of original report: update

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Nightmare client

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Nightmare client

Very bad experience. After i got final prints, i was unhappy with a look, contacted to reshoot. instead got a bunch of long, harassing e-mails. very hard to communicate with this woman, would not recommend to other fellow actors. the photographer states that her best work comes through retouching. in that case, you can get a friend to shoot u with a camera and retouch them yourself or have someone else do it for you. I found this business/photographer on craigslist, so i guess you get what you asked for. There is no studio, by the way. she takes cash or cheque.

These are the details of the ad from my e-mail inbox:
These are my current specials
1 Look with 2 Retouched Photos / $100 (Originally $200)
2 Looks with 4 Retouched Photos / $135 (Originally $270)
3 Looks with 6 Retouched Photos / $165 (Originally $330)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 01:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tihanyi-Photography/internet/Tihanyi-Photography-Tamara-Tihanyi-Ripoff-Headshot-Photography-Internet-834464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tihanyi Photography

update

AUTHOR: la90212 - (USA)

we have worked out our differences and were able to come to a peaceful resolution. I got great head-shots for both looks. Tamara uses natural Lighting in the early morning and it works the best. the session will run around 2 hours for two looks. you will get your images on a cd a couple days later with one image retouched. I had a good experience with this photographer. I get great comments from casting directors, agents, managers, and regular people

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Nightmare client

AUTHOR: TihanyiPhotography - (United States of America)

I think my work speaks for itself and everyone who I worked with before were more than happy with the images that they received.

It makes me very sad that Arthur Angeles felt the need to go this route and post these lies about me and in the meanwhile still use the images that I have taken of him as his main representation photos.

Unfortunately it is part of my business to work with difficult clients and to try to make everyone happy. I guess some people can never be happy.

The truth is that I have delivered on everything I have promised. He actually wanted to hire me again to get additional looks. His complaint about the second look was his wardrobe, he said "it looked gay" for which a photographer doesn't offer free reshoots but as a favor I did offer it anyway. He also wanted to buy an additional look which I quoted him for $50 (that is 75% off my original price). He thought that pricing was unfair.He was irrational, unprofessional and very hard to deal with from the beginning. At this point I knew that there is nothing I can do to make him happy. Even though I have done nothing wrong at the first place instead of offering a reshoot and having to work with him again, I realized that it would be in my best interest to offer him a refund for the second look. Instead of taking that option he posted these lies and threatened me with a lawsuit...

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Nightmare client

AUTHOR: TihanyiPhotography - (United States of America)