Vienna

• Submitted: Sat, March 30, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Trisha21 — East Troy Wisconsin
Tilted Kilt
2790B Wilma Rudolph Blvd. Clarksville, TN Clarksville, Tennessee United States of America

Tilted Kilt Name-Callers, Liars, Clarksville, Tennessee

*Author of original report: To TWSM

*Consumer Comment: Sigh

*Author of original report: To TWSM - Southold (USA) & Batman - (United States of America)

*Consumer Suggestion: Wow...

*Consumer Comment: Hey kids, how about a day in the big city!

I am currently vacationing in Clarksville Tennessee from Wisconsin. I dropped my husband off earlier today while took the kids to see the Easter Bunny at the mall across the street. He wanted to watch the Marquette game that was on as part of March Madness. We agreed that I would come back after the game with the kids to eat dinner. We had heard the food was good but that service could be better. We still decided to check the place out despite the mixed reviews.

Well needless to say we will NEVER return to any location! While I was gone my husband was called a pervert by the manager in front of patrons because he thought my husband was trying to take a picture of one of the girls. When my husband explained to the manager my husband was offered no apology for calling him a name in front of other patrons for no reason! My husband did not take a picture of one of the girls but lets just say that he did, does this give the manager the right to call my husband a pervert in front of other patrons? I THINK NOT! Totally and utterly RUDE! Then to not offer an apology was just like a slap in the face!

Next I arrived just after the Marquette game ended. [continued below]....
..... I sat down at an empty table in the bar area. The waitress handling the area walked passed me several times with no greeting and continued serving the table next to me without any recognition that I and my children were sitting there. After about 20 minutes she finally came to the table and asked, "Did you need something or are you just hanging out?" I asked her for menus and ordered drinks. She then went to the next table and asked them if they needed refills. A couple of minutes later the table next to us got their refills and we were still sitting with no drinks! We ordered before the people sitting next to us!!! After about another 5 minutes we still did not have drinks so we decided to get up and leave. We had been sitting there for roughly 30 minutes with no service!

On the way out I made sure to let the hostesses know that we had every intention of eating there and that we gave the place overall several chances to redeem/impress us and all had failed miserably! The hostesses apologized but it seriously did no good. They didnt even offer to get a manager, not that I would have wanted to talk to the manager that called my husband a pervert anyways but it would have been a good gesture. I think these "girls" all need some seriously retraining and so does management!

COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! NEVER AGAIN! I will also be making sure to tell everyone I know what a horrible experience this was!

I then wrote them on Facebook and they argued with me that everything was a misunderstanding. They then deleted all of my threads so that only theirs were showing for everyone to see. They then blocked me from commenting so I could no longer state that what they were saying back to
me was lies.

I reported them to the BBB, wrote this, and wrote many reviews.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tilted-Kilt/Clarksville-Tennessee-/Tilted-Kilt-Name-Callers-Liars-Clarksville-Tennessee-1039401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tilted Kilt

To TWSM

AUTHOR: Trisha21 - ()

You are apparently missing the point! I actually went to college for Marketing and again anyone with money is a target audience. When I pulled in the sign "Tilted Kilt" did in no way give out the vibe that "Hooters" does. I honestly thought that it was an Irish Sportsbar with a clever name. We didnt know what kind of place we were even being sent to by the hotel. Regardless if the food is good who the hell cares! You commenting on my rights as a parent is completely unacceptable. Your opinions should be kept to yourself!

Here I am complaining about the service and you are bashing me with your opinion. The waitresses choose that profession because they apparently want to work their. That is their choice and Im not bashing them for it. Who cares? Why is it your business to judge others? I didnt see any half drunk men while I was there and like I said they had more clothes on then those at the beach during the summer! Get over it! Not quite sure where you were going with the whole "Happy Meal" quote. Things go crazy at other restaurants too and Ive never been ignored for 30 minutes.

Young boys? Not quite sure where you are going with that either? You have no idea how old my children are and even if you did it is not your place to be addressing what you think is good parenting and what is not! It is your opinion and it is best kept to yourself if its nothing good to say! You are judging me without all the facts to the situation! There is nothing wrong with a restaurant like this. The values I teach my children have nothing to do with a restaurant that we tried to eat at once in my 28 years of life!

LOL To say that Im teaching my children to not value women beyond sex appeal is ridiculous! Teenage boys have fantasies whether they go to places like this or not and it's actually quite healthy for a teenage boy to fantasize about women. Just because a woman works at a place like this doesnt mean she doesnt have modesty or self esteem or values! Your basically cutting down any woman that chooses to work at this place or a Hooters. You are apparently very judgmental.

I am a model parent. Every parent makes bad choices from time to time although I do not believe this was indeed one of those times. While your sitting here bashing me there are children being physically and sexually abused. You should take your time and focus on helping a program developed to help children that actually need the attention that you are giving this situation and stop worrying so much about your opinion against me.

No congratulations needed! I know exactly what my values are and what values I instill in my children. I assure you that working at the Tilted Kilt is not one of them but if one of my kids did decide to work there or at a similar themed place I wouldnt hold it against them and I certainly wouldnt bash them and tell them they have no self esteem or value for life.

Sigh

AUTHOR: TWSM - ()

You might want to take a marketing course if you think you and the kiddies are their target market.  Or put yourself in the shoes of the waitress.  As a Tilted Kilt waitress you're taking off half your clothes and acting like a vamp to tease tips out of the half drunk men who are ogling your body.  Keeping them supplied with high priced drinks and snacks is the key to your paycheck (and cash tips).  When things are running a little crazy (like it is for most waitresses) might you miss a bit on servicing the table looking for a Happy Meal?

I'm sorry, should I have addressed the lessons for young boys?  About valuing women beyond their sex appeal and ability to titillate the teenage fantasies of the men in the bar?  How about modesty and self control being virtues?

You may be right, I may be a vile person entirely insecure in my sexuality.  You, on the other hand are a model parent, who takes their young children to a bar whose business model is the exploitation of young
women for profit.  Congratulations.

To TWSM - Southold (USA) & Batman - (United States of America)

AUTHOR: Trisha21 - ()

To TWSM - Southold (USA)
After visiting the Easter bunny you took your girls to the "Tilted Kilt" for a meal?  Wow. Yes, I took my young children who would not know what the place even is! Daughters? Who said anything about daughters??? Apparently you have an issue with places like this. I for one do not. You apparently are not secure in your own sexuality so you need to take it out on others. This was our first visit here and honestly we didn't even know that it was a Hooter's similar restaurant. We were told that it was a sports bar by the hotel we were staying at! Maybe before you write something and judge me and my family you should take a good look in the mirror and possibly realize that you do not hae all of the fact to be such a vile person about the situation! To insult me and my family and my children for that matter makes you a very small person!

My husband was taking a picture of the Marquette game to send it to his boss since he was in Arkansas and couldnt get the game and he wanted proof of the score. Thanks for judging again though without knowing the facts!

Damn right we didnt like the service and we didnt get the service we deserved. Regardless that I am a woman or a mom with children doesnt mean that I am not part of their target market! Their target market is anyone with money!

Furthermore, since the hotel suggested he watch the game there because they would most likely be able to get a Wisconsin game being that we were in Tennessee that is why we went there and that is why I dropped him off there! Lastly, I eat at Hooters in our home town and there is nothing wrong with it! Like I said you must have a problem with your own sexuality since you have such a big issue with this place. My kids see more skin at the beach during summer than they do at a restaurant such as this or Hooters! By the way have Irish blood in me and if I want to take my kids out to eat at an Irish Pub or Sports Bar I can and I am proud to!

As I have already said maybe you should know all the facts before you criticize! I could really care less of what YOU think about me and my family! I was simply doing the public a service by informing them that the service her sucks and it is not worth the time of going whether they know the concept of the restaurant or not!

Batman - (United States of America)
One step up from a strip club? Is that what you call the beach as well? As I stated above I didnt even know what the place was but thanks for judging me without knowing all the facts dick! Yes I did go there for a family meal. Do you know how old my kids are? Nope you dont but again thanks for judging without knowing the facts of the situation!

My husband was not taking pictures of strangers. Apparently you didnt read my review very well. Like I said lets say he was that still doesnt give the manager the right to call him names for no reason and then when the manager realized he was wrong he didnt even apologize!
I think you need to read the entire review more carefully and know the facts before you criticize and judge me and tell me what to do with my husband!

If you dont have enough sense to read the entire review and know the facts than you shouldnt be commenting or giving me advice on what to do with my husband!
Apparently you need to learn English as well (this is probably why you had a problem reading everything I wrote) "Hide yo kids and hide yo wife" is not proper English. Are you an immigrant?

Yes I did comment to them on the Facebook and you know what I had several people back me up and tell them how little they were for calling me the liar by stating it was all a "misunderstanding" on my part when it was a "misunderstanding" on their part and we didnt even get an apology after they were proved wrong about the 'picture taking' situation! Yes they should keep bad comments and reviews... they are a business that is public. If they didnt like the post they should have deleted everything not just the things that made them look bad!

I reported them to the BBB because of the entire situation! You never ever ever call a customer names and you provide service to everyone that walks through the door not just people with penises! I reported them to the BBB because they should have a mark against them. I reported them to the BBB to get a written apology from the manager for calling my husband names and for calling me a liar. That is what I expect! That is what the BBB is there for! There is no reason that a waitress should take over 30 minutes to get drinks and there was no reason the table next to us should have gotten their drinks before us when we ordered before them!

You seriously need to get your head checked BATMAN! Who calls themself a super hero when they arent? Someone that obviously dreams about it! Im a great mother and to insult me and my children is beyond low! Especially considering you are a complete stranger to me and my family and again you have no concept of the facts but you are judging anyways! You seriously need to get a life and to say that you wouldnt be surprised if someone called child protective services on me is completely ridiculous! That is pretty much saying that anyone that takes their kids to the beach or inside a Victoria's Secret store needs to have child protective services called on them.

Thank you for letting me know that you are a complete internet stalker! LOL You Googled me and now you have my picture, my business info, phone number and everything! Wow you are so smart! All of that is made public for a reason! You are also agreeing to these terms when you sign up for things such as Facebook, Pinterest, etc...  Your not the only one that can see things Batman! LOL

If someone really wants to retaliate against me (not sure for what) they should realize that several forms of communication are against the law such as unwanted harassment. This is also why Facebook and similar sites allow you to block those that you do not want to communicate with!

I was nice and I was an adult about it so was my husband. The manager on the other hand acted insanely childish and when he was proven to be wrong he still acted like a child! That is exactly my point here!

You people have some nerve! Before you judge other people make sure to have all the facts!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Wow...

AUTHOR: Batman - ()

This place is one step up from a strip club and you go there for a family meal? Good call, mom.

Then your pervert husband gets called out for taking pics of strangers and you're upset at the restaurant? I think you need to have a talk with your husband instead of the restaurant. If he doesn't have enough self control to not take pictures of a woman, then he is 100% absolutely a pervert and only a step away from being a full-fledged predator. "Hide yo kids and hide yo wife."

Then you go to FB to blast them and expect the business to not only get into an internet shouting match with you but to also keep it posted on their page for all the world to see??

You reported them to the BBB because they took too long to serve you? What do expect the BBB to do, go there and ask the waitresses to move faster?

You seriously need to get your head checked, lady... you seem crazy by every definition of the word and I really feel bad for your kids. I wouldn't be surprised if someone even called child protective services.

Not to mention, you should really be more careful about your personal info... Between posting your name on the picture FB update and the details you gave here means people can see everything about you now. One google search and I found your baking business website, the Avon stuff, your picture, phone number, work history, school history, pinterest account, all your friends and their information... that's just asking for retaliation. You should try to be nicer and address your concerns like an adult.

Hey kids, how about a day in the big city!

AUTHOR: TWSM - ()

What did you say to your young daughters?  Look girls, if you are lucky, one day you too can grow up and show off your half naked bodies to ogling, half drunk, dirty old men.  No your father isn't one of them, he's just here to see the game!  Hey girls, maybe one day you can work in a restaurant whose very name is reminiscent of a wardrobe malfunction!  If your really lucky, by then it will be called the 'half-fastened bikini bottom'!
What did your husband say he was taking a picture of?  The beer taps?
Ok, I get it, you didn't like the service.  I don't think they will miss you much.  A mom and her little girls are hardly their target market.
You and hubby might consider that a restaurant chain most aptly described as 'an Irish sports bar meets Hooters' might not be the best place for a family meal.  Even if they do have the Marquette game on TV.