- Report: #973705
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Tim Carter aka Tim Challama
Tim Carter aka Tim ChallamaInternet United States of America
Tim Carter aka Tim Challama Hourbacklinks.com SEO services ripoff, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
At this point I expected the contractor to present evidence of the keyword research he did for the client. Perhaps a more extensive list of keywords that were considered and not used along with some data to support their choices. And maybe the results of keyword research they did on the client's competitors. And possibly a list of the URL's of links they had placed. Surely some internal paperwork must have been generated in order to handle the client's account.
But when given the opportunity to present evidence of any work that was done, the contractor preferred to hurl invectives at the arbitrator and the hearing process before resting his case. On the two reports we have in evidence, I have these comments.
1) "Not found" with nothing more is not a valid report in my opinion. Not found where? In the top 10? On the first page? The first 100, 1000? After all, it's in the client's interest for him to know if he's moving at all and in what direction. All SEO contractors in my experience report results within the top 100 and many report ranking even deeper than that. After all, it's in the contractor's interest to show his client that he moved from #800 to #600, even if there's still a long way to go. Reporting simply "not found" is an indication that not much effort was put into the job.
2) Of the 8 keywords listed in these reports, only 5 are valid. "Owner operator trucking jobs" is a good keyword but "owner operator jobs" is not the way to get targeted traffic. And the last 3 (truck driver job, truck driver jobs, truck driving job) are the same for organic search purposes. These choices show no sign of research, extensive or even superficial, and are again an indication that not much effort was put into the job.
Thus given only these two reports showing only a questionably effective, short list of "not found" keywords and nothing more, I conclude that not enough promises were filled to substantiate payment for that first month. I find the client was justified in his decision to terminate the contract and ask for a refund. The contractor will no doubt be relieved that a full refund means there will be no feedback from this job to ruin his 5-star rating.
1. The contract for this project is terminated except for any non-disclosure provisions that may exist.
2. Within 3 days after this Award, ChallamaTim (Tim Carter)
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tim-Carter-aka-Tim-Challama/internet/Tim-Carter-aka-Tim-Challama-Hourbacklinkscom-SEO-services-ripoff-Internet-973705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.