Complaint Review: Timber Lodge RV Resort

• Submitted: Fri, June 26, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By:SMYRNA Georgia
Timber Lodge RV Resort
12822 Florida Ln, Apple Valley, Minnesota U.S.A.

Timber Lodge RV Resort Threatens consumers Apple Valley Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: Addl Information

*UPDATE Employee: Smyrna Georgia Rebuttal

*UPDATE Employee: smyrna georgia rebuttal

Saw another complaint about Timber Lodge so I felt compelled to add mine. I signed up for a membership - it's uncanny - when you are signing up phones get answered, and people are cheerful. When you wish to cancel, you can find no one to talk to.

At any rate, I paid my $100/year for several years. Then when I received a bill one year I wrote to cancel. Now, the bill came in November. By the time I wrote to cancel it was into the new year. The response was "you can't cancel unless your account is up to date." So, I paid my $99 plus a $10 "late fee". But included a letter stating that I wanted to cancel my membership.

I received no correspondence in return. But bills start showing up each December. Now I have a collection agency calling.

On the other complaint on this site, the company rebuttal says that all requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to the corporate office. I did just that two years ago and here I am with the collection agency calling.

Scott
SMYRNA, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2009 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timber-Lodge-RV-Resort/Apple-Valley-Minnesota-55124/Timber-Lodge-RV-Resort-Threatens-consumers-Apple-Valley-Minnesota-465326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Timber Lodge RV Resort

Addl Information

AUTHOR: Administation - (USA)

This consumer should be advised of the following additional information: That we take these matters very seriously. The owner of this site bears no responsibility for information posted on this site only the individual(s) posting the information. That the web site owners have no responsibility to verify the information posted whether legal binding agreements exist between the parties etc. The owner of the site will not delete or modify the information posted. That our legal team has concluded research confirming only the individual(s) posting the material are liable. That the owner of the web site has little to no interest in protecting consumers only is interested in attracting high traffic to the site to use to sell advertising and generate other sources of income. That the only way Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines will delete this information is through a court order. We caution anyone considering using this forum to be sure the information is accurate, not intended to damage and no legal binding agreement exists between the parties.

Smyrna Georgia Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Administration - (USA)

After carefull search of our membership roles we are unsuccessfull in locating any current or past member in Smyrna, Georgia with the name of Scott. Please provide additional information such as name or membership number so an appropriate response may be provided.

Our company provides many ways to cancel a membership. The only way an account ends up at a collection company (Monterey) is through the neglect of any payment required by the membership agreement.

Administration

Timber Lodge RV Resort, Inc.

smyrna georgia rebuttal

AUTHOR: Administration - (USA)

After carefull review of our membership roles not record was located with a Scott in Smyrna, Georgia. We further searched area codes 770, 229, 404, 470, 478, 678, 706 and 912 unsuccessfully. Please provide us with a correct name or current or past membership number so an appropriate response can be provided.

Administration

Timber Lodge RV Resort, Inc.