Complaint Review: Timber Lodge RV Resort

• Submitted: Fri, March 20, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By:Concord California
Timber Lodge RV Resort
12822 Florida Lane Apple Valley, Minnesota U.S.A.

Timber Lodge RV Resort Will not allow me to drop my membership without selling or transferring it first. Apple Valley Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: Addl Information

*UPDATE Employee: Concord California Rebuttal

My problem is the same as the many others with this company. Ten years ago I paid a fee to be able to park my RV for a temporary period on a site at this park. I am no longer in need of this membership and I e-mailed them with that message. I was then told I could not just drop my membership (that I had paid in full for) and I would have to resell it or transfer it to another party. In effect this was asking me to do their sales job for them. At the time I pointed out to them that a statement in my contract said that failure to pay annual dues was ground for termination of membersip, as provided in the membership agreement; therefore I would discontinue paying dues and our relationship was discontinued. They ignored this and continued billing me for the annual dues plus charging me $10.00 a month late payment charge and threatening to send the billing to a collection agency. They also offered to sell
the membership for me but at a charge of $599.00 to me.

I have belonged to other RV park membership parks but was never put through this harrassment by not one of the others.

My name is Jim at 925-459-0631. I talked to Kim yesterday and she stated that she would be working on trying to resolve this with the rest of us. I have just begun to do some research to see if there is anything we can do to resolve this dilemma. Has anyone else accomplished anything positive yet?

James
Concord, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2009 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timber-Lodge-RV-Resort/Apple-Valley-Minnesota-55124/Timber-Lodge-RV-Resort-Will-not-allow-me-to-drop-my-membership-without-selling-or-transfer-436077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Timber Lodge RV Resort

Addl Information

AUTHOR: Administation - (USA)

This consumer should be advised of the following additional information: That we take these matters very seriously. The owner of this site bears no responsibility for information posted on this site only the individual(s) posting the information. That the web site owners have no responsibility to verify the information posted whether legal binding agreements exist between the parties etc. The owner of the site will not delete or modify the information posted. That our legal team has concluded research confirming only the individual(s) posting the material are liable. That the owner of the web site has little to no interest in protecting consumers only is interested in attracting high traffic to the site to use to sell advertising and generate other sources of income. That the only way Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines will delete this information is through a court order. We caution anyone considering using this forum to be sure the information is accurate, not intended to damage and no legal binding agreement exists between the parties.

Concord California Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Administration - (USA)

We have carefully searched our membership roles and are unable to locate a James in Concord, California or in area code 925. Please provide a name or current or past membership number so an appropriate response can be provided. We have many ways in which to cancel a membership.

Campground memberships generally are not something you purchase to go on one trip or for a year or two. Other outdoor options exist such as government and public parks, seasonal lot rentals and others.

As a matter of membership comparison lets look at Thousand Trails "(TT)". TT charges annual dues around $500.00. TT does define a term in their most recent agreement, ten (10) years. If a TT member requests early termination after, lets say, three years they have the choice of a) locating a qualified buyer ( which is also an option previously provided Mr. and Mrs. Haymnond) or b) pay the remaining years off (seven (7) years times $500.00 some $3500.00).

Administration

Timber Lodge RV Resort, Inc.