Complaint Review: Time Insurance Company and Assurant Health

• Updated: Thu, October 20, 2011

• Reported By: jlp — Brea California United States of America
Time Insurance Company and Assurant Health
501 West Michigan Milwaulkee, Wisconsin United States of America

Time Insurance Company and Assurant Health Sold me one health policy but issued a junk insurance policy in its place! Milwaulkee, Wisconsin

In April of this year, I filed a complaint in the Orange County Superior Court against Time Insurance Company and Assurant, Inc., its parent, among others. My case is now in the federal court.

My complaint alleges violations of California's Unfair Competition Law (UCL) and False Advertising Law. It also seeks damages for fraud.

I believe the defendants are essentially engaged in a "bait and switch" scheme where they advertise, market and offer broad or comprehensive health insurance (described in their marketing brochure as the "MaxPlan") Instead, they issue and deliver another lesser plan, the "SaveRight" Plan.

The SaveRight plan is essentially worthless in the context of any substantial or catastrophic illness, disease or injury because it includes a maximum outpatient services benefit of $15,000 per calendar year.

I think my case perfectly illustrates this rip off.  In June 2009 I thought I was buying the MaxPlan. A year later, in June of 2010 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. In September I was shocked to learn, for the first time and while in the middle of my chenotherapy treatments, that Time Insurance Company refused to pay for any outpatient services (chemotherapy, blood and lab work and so forth) after August 1, 2010 because I had exceed my $15K annual cap.

I am interested in finding other similar victims of this scheme. Please help me if you know anyone who was ripped off like me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2011 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Insurance-Company-and-Assurant-Health/Milwaulkee-Wisconsin-53201/Time-Insurance-Company-and-Assurant-Health-Sold-me-one-health-policy-but-issued-a-junk-in-790938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Insurance Company and Assurant Health

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC