Complaint Review: Time Shares by Owner (TSBO)

• Submitted: Mon, August 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: Aaron — Austin Texas United States of America
Time Shares by Owner (TSBO)
8578 Palm Parkway Internet United States of America

Time Shares by Owner (TSBO) Used deceptive sales pitches to scam me out of $1,400, provided ill realty advice in the state of Florida, Internet

A few years ago, TSBO contacted me claiming that they could help me sell or rent out my Timeshare in Orlando, FL. They claimed that they already had people interested in buying it, and that I had to pay a $700 fee if I wanted them to proceed with the process of selling and closing the deal. I paid the fee, and nothing happened. They claimed that they had been running all sorts of ads, and that they sellers were not interested.

A year later or so, I contacted them again to see what the status of selling or renting the property was, and they had nothing. They said they stopped running the add, and that I was supposed to contact them for updates (they won't contact you to let you know what they are doing with the money paid for the services). I found this highly suspicious.

There is too much to write about, but over the last several years there has always been a "new" representative from a new satellite office who would claim they had buyers, and give me realty advice for the state of Florida. They would suggest selling prices, they told me that I didn't have to pay my association fees because they were going to be deducted from my selling price after closing.

My condo ended up getting turned over to collections because of unpaid maintenance fees at the advise of TSBO. I am only recently finding about all the malpractice of TSBO, their sales scams, and ill realty advice. They have scammed me out of about $1,400 of fees that I was paying to "close the deal", and my condo to date has not had a single renter or buyer. It has been 3 years or so.

I contacted TSBO recently (8/6/2012) about the status of the condo again, especially once I found out that they condo they were selling for me was now under collections...and they claim that they have no idea what I am talking about. All the names of people, phone numbers, emails, recorded phone calls, etc that they use to have...have all conveniently disappeared, because those representatives and offices are no longer with them. They claim that they have never given such advise, and they have never claimed to have mislead.

I also just found out they have actually had a class action lawsuit they settled in May 2012 that actually verifies all the stuff I have experienced myself, and they are still in denial. I am seeking a refund of all my money, and have to deal with the collections of maintenance fees from the condo itself that occured due to poor advice I took from TSBO regarding its payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Shares-by-Owner-TSBO/internet/Time-Shares-by-Owner-TSBO-Used-deceptive-sales-pitches-to-scam-me-out-of-1400-provid-923293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Shares by Owner (TSBO)