Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Updated: Tue, November 12, 2013

• Reported By: Dee — Middletown Ohio
Time Warner Cable
P.O.d. Box 429542 Cincinnati, Ohio 45242-1812 Cincinnati , Ohio USA

Time Warner Cable My parents have time Warner cable. November 12 2013 some channels went off the air. Cincinnati Ohio

*Author of original report: think again.

*General Comment: As you say...

My report is about time Warner cable . My parents have cable with them. They woke up this morning missing some channels it was not a surprise because they had received a letter. They were are missing more channels than the letter said. Anyways, I look into and see what is going on.  So I called and  ended up speaking to five people.  What I wanted the outcome to be was they would take money off their bill to compensate for the channels lost. What you have to do is get an adapter which is free for the first year after that it's 99 cents. So tell me how does it make sense that they have to pay the same price price.for less channels or pay more  money after  a year for the same channels they already had .Also , we can not go through another company because a tree blocks any chance of satilite. I feel that time Warner is a monopoly in my area because I am not in Cincinnati bells area. So the outcome does not leave them with many options, my parents are on a set income.  Cable is a luxury option, we  dont need cable to survive , we the people.pay.the.bill without us they dont have a comany.  Consumers shoule be able to have more choices from honest loyal businesses. W

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2013 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-/Cincinnati-Ohio-45242-/Time-Warner-Cable-My-parents-have-time-Warner-cable-November-12-2013-some-channels-went-1098736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable

think again.

AUTHOR: Dee - ()

I don't have to bite anything. Maybe you are used to biting the bullet. It is not the consumers fault they can not settle negations and contracts with networks. We should not have the Buck fall on us. Also, I am unable to go through anyone else to change the cable service. That as well is not something I should " have to bite". I'm so sick of companies and people who think that it is okay. As well, it's all about the large corporations and not about the people. It seems the American public is okay with.that too?? Well I'm not okay with injustice anymore. At the least, IM not asking for anything free, I am asking Time Warner, to take money off my bill for the channels I no longer receive. I should not pay the same price for less!!!! If that is not common sense, well you must have joined Obamacare. I will do everything I can to change this, even if it means going retro, dare I say, no TV. Thanks for taking time to comment it help keep the fire going.

#2 General Comment

As you say...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

As you said, its a luxury service. As such, even though you pay them, they have to deal with contracts and situations that arise on a daily basis. As they sent you a letter informing you of the drop in channels, they dont HAVE to give you anything. Given the price point of the services, a single dollar isnt going to break them. Their services are always fluctuating in price. You may have to change your box. Bite the bullet and get a new box.