Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable Co.

• Submitted: Fri, August 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 05, 2011

• Reported By: Bev — Medina New York United States of America
Time Warner Cable Co.
Rochester, New York United States of America

Time Warner Cable Co. was negligent in securing my network Rochester, New York

When the Time Warner employee set up my wireless service, he failed to secure it. Being a novice, I didn't know to ask about it.

Several months later, I had a message from McAfee informing me that there were 4 computers on my network, and only 2 were protected.  I only have 2 computers. One of the names belonged to my next door neighbor.

I called Time Warner and they secured the network.  Since then I have been sued for illegally downloading movies on the internet.  On the date mentioned, I was not even in NYS.

In order to fight the lawsuit, I called Time Warner asking for paper copies of my internet files. After speaking to about 10 different people, I was told they could not give them to me without a subpoena.  I stated that they were my files. The gentleman on the phone said, "if we give those to you, then that shows we were at fault."

I am being sued for $2500 and feel that Time Warner should be responsible for this because their employee was negligent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2011 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-Co/Rochester-New-York-/Time-Warner-Cable-Co-was-negligent-in-securing-my-network-Rochester-New-York-761445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable Co.