• Report: #1161982

• Updated: Mon, July 14, 2014

• Reported By: TWC92262 — Palm Springs California
Time Warner Cable Desert Cities
Nationwide USA

Time Warner Cable Reward Card SCAM Time Warner, Time Warner Cable, Reward Card Palm Springs Nationwide

In February I had Time Warner Intelligent Home installed which included a $300.00 gift card 4-6 weeks afer 90 days of service. The 6 weeks was approximately July 8th. When I called this evening to follow up on not receiving it I was told that it wouldn't be sent until the 27th of July but that being a Sunday it wouldn't go out until the 28th. Roughly 9 weeks after the 90 day period. The rep then said oh well they are actually taking 8-10 weeks before they are sent out.

I escalated to a supervisor who then proceeded to tell me that I am not getting the card at all. He said that my account was not in good standing. However, I pay my bill within the grace period as I am on Social Security Disabilty and I get my money on the third Wednesday of the month so that can be anywhere from the 15th to the 25th depending on where the third Wednesday falls. I have never received a late notice, I have never been disconnected in the three years I have had TWC service.

I updgrated to Signature Home at the end of 2013 and paid within the grace period and received my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 without any issues. The supervisor could not explain how I recieved the tablet.

I have had several TWC billing reps and Personal Solutions Advisors explain that an account is in good standing if paid within the grace period. Isn't that what a grace period is for - to keep your account in good standing and allow some flexibility in payment?

Also, other people I know have been shut off or very late in making payment and they still got their reward.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2014 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-Desert-Cities/nationwide/Time-Warner-Cable-Reward-Card-SCAM-Time-Warner-Time-Warner-Cable-Reward-Card-Palm-Sprin-1161982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable Desert Cities