Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable Earthlink

• Submitted: Wed, January 07, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Time Warner Cable Earthlink
P.O. Box 85100 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Time Warner Cable Earthlink Earthlink/Time Warner Service/Price Ripoff- Too Good to be True in TX Austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: The same thing happened to us here in AustinTexas! CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM HELL!

I have been a Time Warner Cable subscriber for 3 years. I was very happy with their internet service Earthlink... but that was when I lived in New York City.

When I moved to Austin, TX I was assured that I would have the same great plan. $29.95 a month for high speed internet. I couldn't have asked for more. And then I started having bill problems. After being late with one payment I suddenly owed $96. I mistakenly assumed that I owed 3 months plus a late charge.

On the day that I paid they shut off my internet service. I did not receive a letter, a phone call or any notification. By the time I had my service turned back on I realized that they had increased my monthly charge to $45 a month and I was only one bill late.

In NY my bill was $29.95 for over 2 years (my old room mate there still pays that rate.) I was told here that it was an introductory rate.

And then there were bizarre service problems like the internet going out for days at a time and the time that the customer service department called to tell us that our connection was slow and they were going to come check it out. When they showed up it was a supervisor who was complaining the whole time that he shouldn't even be there. Although they had told us that our service was slow he inisisted it was the computer and deleted things from our system registry causing our computer to crash. It never recovered.

The kicker was that when I tried to cancel they offered me my old rate again. They are corrupt and destructive and charge customers different rates, and have crappy internet access and customer service. I left them and I am much happier now and I pay way less too.

Lilo
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2009 07:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-Earthlink/Austin-Texas-78708-5100/Time-Warner-Cable-Earthlink-EarthlinkTime-Warner-ServicePrice-Ripoff-Too-Good-to-be-Tru-409359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable Earthlink

The same thing happened to us here in AustinTexas! CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM HELL!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

We had billing problems too.
And with Austin supposedly being the high tech capital of the Southwest, we thought we would have great internet service and we did until time Warner started offering this newer faster internet service and then ours slowed down to a crawl until I did some tweaking to the system.

SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS ESPECIALLY IRRITATING!
We got the bundle --the phone, the internet services and the TV service!
The telephone number of the incoming call does appear on the TV screen for not very long and there is not way to call it back once it goes off of the TV screen.

Sometimes we will be watching TV and the picture on the screen will freeze where it is and when that happens, our internet service messes up as well and whatever we were working on crashes! And the telephone service is affected too.
I am not too sure what to think about this bundling and am not sure how much money we save since neither me or my two roomies make too many calls.

They threatened to cut us off. We went and paid and they cut us off anyway and were wanting to charge us a new deposit and all of the rest except we had a RECEIPT that we had paid at the HEB store and that saved us a lot of money!

We think there might be trouble with the decoder box and the remote that thy gave us but we don't know cor sure and they have CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM HELL! It is almost impossible to report any problems we are having on the phone.

They aren't touching my computer! For all I know they would put something in there and then accuse me of having it.

We are paying about $39 a month for this bundle and I am not sure it is worth it. Since we have absolutely NO social life I guess it is cheaper than the clubs, cheaper than having our car broken into, cheaper than a DWI if we were out drinking and were driving home from one of these clubs and definitely cheaper than the overpriced concerts and other things which are supposed tp provide bread and circus for the people while the city leaders continue to jack up the property taxes making this the most expensive city to live in in Texas.