enable

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: Cheryl of Mentor, OH — Mentor Ohio United States of America
Time Warner Cable - Northeast Ohio

Time Warner Cable - Northeast Ohio Gift Card scam Internet

Time Warner Cable was running an online special where if you switched to Time Warner Cable they would send you a $500 Visa gift card after you registered for it and paid your cable bill on time for 3 consecutive months.  Time Warner Cable said after fulfilling these requirements a $500 Visa gift card would be mailed approximatley 4-6 weeks later.  I fulfilled all requirements and have been waiting for my $500 Visa reward card.  I did not receive after waiting 6 weeks beyond the time I should have received the $500 Visa reward card.  I called Time Warner Cable and was giving a 800 number to call.  I called the 800 number provided and was told that my reward card was not a part of the phone number I was given and called, then she proceeded to give me an email address to contact regarding my $500 reward card.  I sent an email to the address provided and received an email back stating they would research and contact me within 3 business days.  After two business days I did receive a response from them stating that I qualified for a $200 reward card, not a $500 reward card, that a $500 reward card was not offered in this promotion!  The email went on to state:  "Your account will be

added to our next shipment and you should receive the card within 4 6 weeks."  What the heck?  I was told it was a $500 reward card and now they are telling me it is only a $200 reward card!  I certainly hope this isn't a runaround as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-Northeast-Ohio/internet/Time-Warner-Cable-Northeast-Ohio-Gift-Card-scam-Internet-952742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable - Northeast Ohio