Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable Of Ohio

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 31, 2009

• Reported By:zanesville Ohio
Time Warner Cable Of Ohio
737 Howard St. Zanesville, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 740-455-8705
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Time Warner Cable Of Ohio They shut off my internet service, without any prior notice, even after I negotiated paying the bill! Zanesville Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Also

*Consumer Comment: Another problem with the OP

*Consumer Comment: Two Months..

*Consumer Comment: You do not pay your bills, you lose service. Simple as that.

*Consumer Comment: You didn't pay...

I had fallen behind about two months on my cable/internet service. So, The 27th of January, I called Time Warner cable and spoke with a service representative, I believe named Donavon.

I advised him, that I would pay the past due amount on February 3rd, when I got my check in the mail. He advised me, that once I pay the past due amount, then TWC, will work with me on the rest of the bill. Nothing was ever mentioned about shutting off my cable nor internet services.

Then my wife and I, went out of town on January 29th, and got back the afternoon of January 30th. When I got home, I got on my computer and the internet was off.

So, I called TWC and spoke with Corey, a customer service representative. I advised him, that my internet was just shut off, but that I had spoken with Donavon previously and that I had made arrangements, that I would pay the past due amount on Feb. 3rd. Corey then advised me, that Donavon, had no authority to "work with me" on the past due amount! So Corey, gave me a phone number, to speak directly with a service technician (the cable man that connects/disconnects cable service).

So, I called the number that he gave me and spoke with a Christine. I advised her of the situation as well! She advised me, that she didn't know why Corey had transferred me to her and that she was only the dispatcher for the service technician and that I needed to speak with him directly. Also, that I had to pay the past due amount, before I got my internet turned back on! Nothing again, was mentioned about turning my cable service off! I advised her, that Donavon and Corey told me something different! She then said, that those two, should read the policies more often! Then, about an hour later, a cable service technician, was at my door, ready to turn off my cable service! I advised him of the whole situation. He then said, that Christine, his dispatcher, should have told me then on the phone, right then and there, that my cable would be turned off today! He also mentioned, that Christine has been making mistakes all day! He also took my internet modem with him as well!

William
zanesville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-Of-Ohio/Zanesville-Ohio-43701/Time-Warner-Cable-Of-Ohio-They-shut-off-my-internet-service-without-any-prior-notice-eve-418338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable Of Ohio

Also

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

he's posting this the same day hi internet is allegedly turned off.

Another problem with the OP

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

William states that he was 2+ months behind, and allegedly could not pay the bill, BUT had money to go out of town!

Seems like William's priorities should be put in order!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You are lucky. Most companies have a policy to cut you off at 30 or 45 days. This company gave you 60(plus?) days. The only thing payment arrangements usually do is to keep you from being turned over to collections.

In your case you were not only about 2 months overdue, but still needed them to give you another week. Now perhaps if you had given them something, they may not have cut you off, but you gave them NOTHING. Oh and by the way I am pretty sure if you actually read your mail you would have seen at least a few warnings that if you didn't pay the past due amount you could be disconnected.

Now this begs the question, if they cut off your internet and took your modem how in the world are you posting this report?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You do not pay your bills, you lose service. Simple as that.

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

You wrote:
I had fallen behind about two months on my cable/internet service.

***

It does not matter what the service, cable television, cable internet, cellular telephone service, or utility (gas/electric), if you do not pay what you owe, the service provider will shut off your service.

On 01/27/09, you tell the customer service representative that you will pay the amount due on 02/03/09 when you receive a check in the mail. I am not disputing your integrity, but how would the various customer service reps know whether or not you really would pay your bill on 02/03/09. Should they have let you continue using their service for another week based on your word alone? Imagine if hundreds or thousands of customers requested another week's delay after missing two months of payments, the various service providers would be missing thousands of dollars. Imagine if you were the service provider and ten customers wanted you to wait another week after they missed two months of payments. What would you do?

Being cut off to cable television and cable internet is not as bad as being cut off for electricity and natural gas.

You didn't pay...

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Simple as that. Maybe Donovan really thought you would be ok, maybe he lied. It really is irrelevant. It is hard to believe someone who is a CSR could dictate company policy. The fact is, you were 2 months behind. They spent money to provide cable/internet at your house, and you didn't pay them for it.

Business 101....if you spend money to provide a service, and the person receiving that service does not pay, well, break out the red ink.