Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable Ohio

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, April 13, 2009

• Reported By:Barberton Ohio
Time Warner Cable Ohio
timewarnercable.com/NortheastOhio/ Barberton, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-77-CABLE
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Time Warner Cable Ohio Time Warner Cable Northeast Ohio -Sales Misrepersentation - Lies - Overbilling Barberton Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: about this

*Consumer Comment: I agree Time Warner is ripping people off every day

I have been a Time Warner customer, paying my bills ontime for years.

Time Warner decided to upgrade their equipment and a sales rep came to my door to inform me of such. At the time I did NOT have a cable box and was utilizing basic service only.

The sales rep now told me I NEEDED a cable box and their remote, which they charge a monthly fee for. THIS WAS A LIE. You do NOT need a cable box for economy service to this day.

So I paid for a box and remote rental over the last 2 years that I did not need.

On top of this, the box and remote they delivered did not work properly and was not programmed to my TV.

When I requested a new box, which I was told I had to have, Time Warner informed me they were out of the regular box and they gave me a HDTV box, which I did not need, because I do not have a HDTV.

I was told they would not charge me for the HDTV box because it was Time Warners fault they did not have the proper equipment.

For the past year, I discovered Time Warner WAS charging me additional for the HDTV box.

So Time Warner's rep lied to me which resulted in over charges.

Time Warner's customer service also lied to me which resulted in additional charges when they did not have the basis equipment I needed.

Time Warner is a MONOPOLY in our area. They lie, cheat and steal for their customers and then when I asked them about it, they said a supervisor would look at my account.

I have never been credited the over charges and was not even given an apology or a sorry.

DO NOT TRUST TIME WARNER CABLE SALES REPS.

DO NOT TRUST TIME WARNER CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I AM NOW LOOKING INTO DISH OR DIRECT TV.

Bob
Barberton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-Ohio/Barberton-Ohio-44203/Time-Warner-Cable-Ohio-Time-Warner-Cable-Northeast-Ohio-Sales-Misrepersentation-Lies--423403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable Ohio

#1 Consumer Suggestion

about this

AUTHOR: Jakob2255 - (U.S.A.)

so because a guy comes to your door and says you need this item you just go for it and di not look into it.. and then they install it and dont have the right stuff.. why did you not say no and that you wanted what you ordered instead of just going for it that is your fault

AUTHOR: Le - (U.S.A.)

Time Warner Cable is horrible, but people DO NOT SWITCH TO DISH NETWORK! They are so much worse, and I was scamed even worse by them. You will get horrible service, their customer service sucks and they will not help you in anyway. If and when you decide to cancel your service with them there are hidden fee's in the "fine print" of your contract and you will end up owing them about 900.00 just to cancel your service. And if you tell them you wont pay they fee's, they auto charge them to the credit card that you have to give them the number to when you sign up for service.
I have had Time Warner cable for 2 years now, and each month it gets worse and worse. You can never seem to get ahead with the bills, since every month the amount of my bills change and are more and more every month! I picked the "bundle package" which is to save you money, but they are charging me WAY more than we were told. My service is horrible and goes in and out, so some days I cant even watch TV. Everytime I have called customer service they are no help and the management is rude!! A manager told me "if you dont like it, cancel your service because I cant help you" But at least if you want to cancel your service with time warner they wont charge you 900.00 to do so.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC