Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable Southwest Ohio

• Submitted: Wed, June 06, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 22, 2007

• Reported By:Dayton Ohio
Time Warner Cable Southwest Ohio
Dayton Dayton, Ohio U.S.A.

*Author of original report: TWC Fixed Error - Time Warner Cable Southwest Ohio ripoff fraudulent billing raise price after 1 month for no reason and will not fix Dayton Ohio

Offered one price for one year of cable service from direct sales rep. I bit on bait and switch offer and received cable service for one month at original agreed price. Second month cable service price increased approximately $20 per month.

I tried to get my bill corrected, but several telephone reps acted like I was making up the price and said they could not change my service to the original price. I finally found someone in a department who could "see" the original plan I was under, but the rep was not authorized to change my current service plan.

Service reps played "frustrate the customer until he gives up" for about 2 hours. I am moving out of the area shortly and will cancel TWC. Looking at other complaints, I should be prepared for the "final bill" that is not actually the final bill.

I have had 3 other problems with Time Warner in the first month and a half of service. From this experience, I can say without a doubt that Time Warner Cable - Southwest Ohio customer service is the worst customer service program I have ever dealt with.

Don't do it - stick with the satellite!

Joe
Dayton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2007 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-Southwest-Ohio/Dayton-Ohio/Time-Warner-Cable-Southwest-Ohio-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-raise-price-after-1-month-for-n-252858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable Southwest Ohio

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

TWC Southwest Ohio fixed the billing error today after receiving my Better Business Bureau complaint. A representative called me and said she had my BBB complaint in front of her and wanted to correct the problem.

A representative entered a credit to my account (to be entered each month for the next 10 months) that will correct my monthly bill to the deal I agreed upon initially.

It shouldn't take a few hours on the phone and a complaint through the Better Business Bureau, but the problem is at least fixed.