Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable (or TWC)

• Submitted: Thu, April 25, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: ACE — santa clarita California
Time Warner Cable (or TWC)

Time Warner Cable (or TWC) Time Warner, TWC, Roadrunner Turbo Internet speeds BOGUS! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Turbo Internet = 20Mb

Time Warner Cable, in Southern California, is billing me for "Turbo" internet speed that they boast on their commercials about having up to 50Mb/sec..  However, MY connection (which, yes, IS through THEM) has a download speed of 5-10 Mb/sec and upload speed of 2 Mb/sec!!!  When I contacted their tech support, they ask me to connect the PC directly to the Net-cable which kills my phone service and ends the call with them!  So for those considering TWC for their "Turbo" internet speed ads, RECONSIDER!  They lie!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-or-TWC/internet/Time-Warner-Cable-or-TWC-Time-Warner-TWC-Roadrunner-Turbo-Internet-speeds-BOGUS-Inter-1046263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable (or TWC)

Turbo Internet = 20Mb

AUTHOR: CelsiusDrumz - ()

Good morning I saw your posting about some misleading info you're receiving from TWC in regards to internet service. I work for them & have been on a few years. I don't know if you still have us for internet or not but if unable to resolve any issues I at least like to give the correct info. On our commercials yes it is stated that we have speeds uo to 50 Mb, but that's considered our Ultimate internet. If you have Turbo then you should be at 20Mb. Not sure how long you've been with us, but if you look on your bill does it say Turbo or Turbo Pass? Turbo is 20Mb but Turbo Pass is 15Mb. Now if you have Turbo Pass for $10 extra call in & have them take that off. Recently we've upgraded our Standard internet speed from 10Mb to 15Mb so if you take off the Turbo Pass you'll still get 15Mb with Standard. Only worry about that if it's Turbo Pass.

Now down to the real business.. a few things.. are you using our modem with your personal router or leasing both our modem & router? If you have your own router sure run it wireless thru speedtest.net - that's a pretty reliable site I recommend. and it's free. You should be getting 20 down 2 up. Maybe 18 or 19. But 5 is low. We offer 5 upload with our 30 or 50Mb speeds but if you're saying 4 download something is wrong.

Yes if you are not using our router connect directly to the modem & test there. Just call in on your cell phone if possible so there is no disconnection. Actually, try that before calling in so you know by process of elimination. If you get 5 hard wired then it's something on our end. Always remember though, anytime you go from wireless to wired & remove the router & add a computer, always reset the modem & restart the computer so it links up properly. Then test it. Then when going back to wirelessm unplug the computer from the modem & restart it. Then connect the wireless to the modem & reset both the modem & router together by just removing the power supply from the back of each. Maybe 10 seconds & connect the power to both. Again, this links them both back up as well as tells the computer clearly its wireless.

Now..if you're running Turbo (20Mb), Extreme (30Mb) or Ultimate (50Mb) then you should have a Docsis 3 AWG modem. If you don't then that may be why. Smaller modem can't handle the faster speed. At the Turbo speed or higher we offer free wireless instead of 4.95/mo but you can use your own as well. The Docsis 3 AWG come as a modem only or as a modem/router 2 in 1 device typically called a Gateway. Sounds like you just need to Docsis 3 AWG non wireless. So you connect your wireless router & you're all good.

I don't have your acct in front of me obviously & not sure if you've already tried everything I spoke of, already have a Docsis 3 modem & have had numerous service calls. Hopefully that isn't the case because you'll be finding new service elsewhere. Sorry if this seems like a lot of info but that covers every option. If you have a router unable to support the 20Mb speed then just trade it out at the nearest TWC store. Let me know what your findings are & hopefully a resolution can be made quickly. Thanks for your time..   Brad  Ontario TWC