Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Time Warner Cable
Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Time Warner Cable Billing Collections Scam Columbus Ohio

I had TW Cable service at one address (let's call it South St.) from about July 04 - July 05. At that time, I checked out -in person- at their office: returned all my equip; provided my forwarding address, and verbally confirmed several times that my acct balance was zero.

A couple months later, my new place was ready and I, again, started up a new account with Time Warner cable for (let's call it) North St. I had service there from about Sept 05 to Feb. 06.
I called TW to disconnect that account around Feb. 2, 2006.

When the accounting on that was finished... I, eventually, received a pleasant refund (by mail in April 06) of $43.20 that I had overpaid on that account.

Cut to July, 2006.
A bill found its way to my new home... for $30-something dollars outstanding and past due to Time Warner Cable !!!!!!

I called a couple times, spoke with different cust sv reps of theirs. At one point, a supervisor from accounting was to call me to explain the debt. Instead, I just learned last night that he dropped my case right into collections. Now the notices are coming from some outside bulldog firm.

Supposedly, the debt is from "my last bill from July 05 on South Street," even though I not only gave them my forwarding address over a year ago, but even restarted service with them in my own name...THEN received a refund... now they are all indignant about something that somehow only came to light a full year later...

After this experience, I truly believe this organization knowingly benefits from a policy of exhausting and frustrating people until they just find it easier to pay. I have been given no reason to believe that I actually owe this money, or to put faith in their recordkeeping methods - and yet now my own credit is at risk. Not cool.

Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2006 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/Columbus-Ohio/Time-Warner-Cable-Billing-Collections-Scam-Columbus-Ohio-215877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable