telling

• Submitted: Sat, January 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Time Warner Cable
1565 Chenault St Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Time Warner Cable svc not done, being charged Dallas Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It actually does not sound like BS - sounds spot on for TWC

*Consumer Suggestion: call yourself

I was using AT&T and was happy but decided to try TWC for the single billing. They came out to install but didn't have all of the parts needed so had to set another appt. They were supposed to come out at different times but never showed & I couldn't get ahold of them to verify. I have to be at work at 6:45 so I go to bed early. The tech called at 9:00 after I was in bed ready to come out & finish the install.

At this point I had been stewing all evening but getting me out of bed at their convenience was the icing on the cake. I told him that their service was lousy and that I was going back to AT&T but I guess he never called in that information because they have been billing me for almost 2 years telling me that I still owe them.

I have been receiving letters from collection agencies & finally phone calls telling me that my credit will be ruined if I don't pay. So in lieu of bad credit I bent over and paid the money. Granted the amount is less than $300 but it's the principal & their lousy service that has put me in a high state of pissitivity for too long. They are supposed to be a communication company - well COMMUNITATE!! Also their web sight brags on how they service the customer at THEIR CONVENIENCE. I don't think so.

The real kicker is that I moved into a new townhome & AT&T doesn't service them & I don't want the "cosmic dish" look so my only choice was once again TWC. I had my roommate put the service in her name since I was still under their microscope. There was also multiple problems with their installation but finally got resolved. One of the things I learned was that they sublet installers or as I called them "slice & dicers."

Truely someone needs to do something about this lousy company. Not meaning to sound like a Judge Judy litigant but there was a lot of mental anguish during that time & still is since I got ripped off.

Cathy
Dallas,Tx

Cathy
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2009 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/Dallas-Texas/Time-Warner-Cable-svc-not-done-being-charged-Dallas-Texas-413201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

It actually does not sound like BS - sounds spot on for TWC

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

TWC is famous for doing exactly what was discribed here...people call to request a disconnect and because the employee would'nt get paid for this call they would lie to the customer and say "oh we have a new system and you have to call back in 7 days" or " you can just drop your equipment off at the local store" and yes you can drop your equipment off at that store but they won't cancel your service either...they will just except your equipment but continue to bill you for it. ALSO if you do get someone who does have some morales (yes their are a few that still work there that have some left) and they do cancel you THEY ARE INSTRUCTED TO STOP YOUR BILLING ON THE DAY THEY SEND A TECH OUT TO CUT THE SERVICE WHICH CAN TAKE UP TO 3 WEEKS! So if your moving in a week and you want your service off in a week, you may end up paying for 2 extra weeks of service you will not enjoy because you are no longer living there! Yes I worked for TWC for over a year...I decided I could NOT treat people the way they were asking me to treat them and looked for another job...the ONLY good perk of working for TWC is you get their service for free when your an employee...when your not an employee the service isn't worth the price.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

call yourself

AUTHOR: Jakob2255 - (U.S.A.)

so lets get this straight this person did not recieve what she got and then more than likely signed off the work order and when she decided to cancel did not call and cancel herself and then waited 2 years to actually do something and still paid... hmmm who smells bs here