Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable
Dublin, Ohio United States of America

Time Warner Cable Buyer Beware - Dishonest Sales Practices Dublin, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Buy the kid some dvds

*Consumer Comment: A few bucks?

*Consumer Comment: Ripoff?

People should definitely be weary of this company. I am switching as soon as feasibly possible.  If I didn't have a child in the house, I would switch today and never do business with these crooks again.

First off, they started me at a decent promotional offer. I specifically asked the person I was talking to "I'm going to ask you straight forward, in a few months or whatever from now, my services aren't going to jump up in price, right?" She replied that the price I was given would be my rate for a year, but "when it changed, it would only be a few bucks difference."

I recently received my bill with an almost $30 increase after my initial year was up. "A few bucks" does not amount to $30 dollars. I called up customer service to try to get the issue resolved and the guy there tried to help, but really couldn't do much. I honestly felt like I was getting a slap across the face for being a loyal customer. I know business is business, but I'm sure many have felt that way. I figured I would file a complaint with the company. Honestly, I just wanted to feel like my complaint was heard and maybe someday in some other time they might look back and see that this was potentially a reason why they were losing customers.

I called up the corporate office to file a complaint about the situation and the man I spoke to in New York was rude, didn't give me his name or any information. I told him I was going to file a complaint with the better business bureau and that I appreciated his assistance. He responded rudely, "Oh, you're going to complain that your promotion ran out and now we're charging you more?" I responded "No, filing a complaint because I was told "a few bucks", not nearly $30" and that I felt it was unfair. His response was simply that they can change their prices at their discretion for any reason.

This shouldn't be in the fine print. Customers shouldn't be told they would get an increase of "a few bucks" and be gauged with a price 30% more than their original bill.

These are deceitful business practices. A person shouldn't be blatantly lied to in an attempt to make a sale. It's not right to the people and families just trying to make it paycheck to paycheck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2011 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/Dublin-Ohio-/Time-Warner-Cable-Buyer-Beware-Dishonest-Sales-Practices-Dublin-Ohio-728994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable

Buy the kid some dvds

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

cut your cable, problem solved.

A few bucks?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

First I don't understand what having a child in the house is keeping you from switching.

At most this seems like a mis-communication.  they told you a "few bucks".  So what does that mean to you?

The reality is that to some people $30 is only a few bucks.  But if that is really that much of a burden to you perhaps cable is something you could do without totally.

Ripoff?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" "I'm going to ask you straight forward, in a few months or whatever from now, my services aren't going to jump up in price, right?" She replied that the price I was given would be my rate for a year, but "when it changed, it would only be a few bucks difference."

So, it appears you wanted to ask a "straight forward" question, but didn't.  You should have simply asked "What is the rate after the promotion is over?".    You asked a vague question and received a vague answer in response.   What I find surprising is that you accepted the vague answer and signed up.   Salespeople love folks like you.

Now, the gist of your complaint is over the definition of that vague answer.  It's hard to claim you were ripped off, since you really didn't seem that interested in the what the rate would be when you signed up.