• Report: #919294

• Updated: Sun, July 29, 2012

• Reported By: dranda — Hemet California United States of America
Time Warner Cable
13820 Sunrise Valley Dr Herndon, West Virginia United States of America

Time Warner Cable TMC Gift Card for Switching to TWC service is a Rip Off Herndon, West Virginia

Beware of the gift card scam Time Warner Cable is offering. If you switch to their phone/internet or TV services and they offer you a gift card of 50.00 or more to do so. You will never get this. In my case it was implied it would be sent to me. Then when I called to inquire about it, I was told I was to mail in my last bill from my last service and the rebate form. Once that was done I received a email stating they received my information and the card would arrive in a few weeks. Today I contact them and they said they would tell the gift card sales dept. and I was to call back in 48 hours to find out the 8 month status of this rebate. Sounds like a bate and switch to me.

From the start I have had issues with TWC. First the wireless box I though I was getting was not installed. And second the phone wires were not installed right so the phone kept shutting off. It took a week to get someone out to fix the wires, and with a separate visit to bring the correct wireless router I was billed 120.00. When I called about this charge I was told that is what they charge to come unplug the wrong box and re-plug in the new wireless box. I was able to get 50.00 removed but they refused to remove the rest even though it was their mistake.

Nothing was mentioned about this charge other than I was going to pay an addition 4.99 for the wireless router a month when they said they could come out and put the right box in. If they said it was going to go from free install, to this 120.00 charge I would have just dropped them in the first place. Now them not following through with the 100.00 gift card for switching. I guess its time to switch again and far away from them. I'm just glad I didn't switch my TV service to them. Aslo I was told, there was not a direct line so I could call the Sales Dept in regards  to the gift card issue. That they just pass the message over to them.  and the online Chat said to call the Sales Dept and they could help me. Sounds fishy to me and it should to others. Hope someone starts a lawsuit against this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2012 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/Herndon-West-Virginia-20171/Time-Warner-Cable-TMC-Gift-Card-for-Switching-to-TWC-service-is-a-Rip-Off-Herndon-West-Vi-919294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable