Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Updated: Tue, December 25, 2012

• Reported By: csrtexas — McKinney Texas United States of America
Time Warner Cable
McKinney, Texas United States of America

Time Warner Cable TWC WARNING - TWC has deceptive Billing Practices McKinney, Texas

After years of trouble with the only cable/internet provider in town - I have reached my limit.  Upon installation, the tech person - fell asleep on my couch and left his van in my driveway for two days.  Because I was limited to service providers - I haven't been able to change until now.

I discovered TWC has a very sneaky billing practice - the give you movie channel access for a year - but don't notifiy you when that year is up, nor do they keep ANY record of your prior chats - so if you don't you are on the hook.  I had put a reminder on my calendar to cancel the service in 2014, but they tell me they have no record of my call in 2012.

I was charged $288 for channels I NEVER had access to.  Because I couldn't prove it - I didn't save the chat from last April - I am stuck with the bill.  Those of you who may ask - why didn't you check your bill? - I went paperless.  Once I tried to log on to review the bill - TWC had changed the platform and I couldn't log on.

They do not care - they will give away $150 gift cards to new customers, but won't satisfy a multi-year customer.  Now I have to pay to get them to come get their equipment - or I will get charged for that.

Watch your backs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2012 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/McKinney-Texas-75070/Time-Warner-Cable-TWC-WARNING-TWC-has-deceptive-Billing-Practices-McKinney-Texas-986876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable